Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Which implies (1) Marsh is replacing Laidler and Aliir will only play if Melican / Grundy don't make it through training tomorrow (2) Naismith will be playing (3) Newman, Florent, McVeigh, Towers fighting over 2 spots.

What is going on with Tippett?
    As I see it too. Newman and McVeigh to play, Florent and Towers to continue in ressies rather than be sidelined.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

What intrigues me is Naismith has suddenly made an incredible recovery. He was in a brace last week and also at early training this week. The reality is we go in with Reid as the second ruck. @@@@ing @@@@ Longmire!!! We don't even have Cameron as an emergency. @@@@ planning John. You are a @@@@wit!@!!all this year your selections have been mind boggling!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sinclair's on the extended bench...

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Sinclair's on the extended bench...
    No Tippett & Sinclair on extended bench as you say. It looks as though this @@@@wit is going down the Reid ruck saga again. He is @@@@ing stupid. This year has been marred with selection problems as much as player problems. I believe the senior players no longer believe in the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    No Tippett & Sinclair on extended bench as you say. It looks as though this @@@@wit is going down the Reid ruck saga again. He is @@@@ing stupid. This year has been marred with selection problems as much as player problems. I believe the senior players no longer believe in the coach.
    I agree that we need to not play Reid in the ruck, but, from the look of it they must think Naismith is going to play. They've named him on the ground.

Out of interest. Do the emergencies have to be the players that get cut or can they name anyone?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Why can't we play Naismith and Sinclair. In any case Cameron has no AFL games to his name. If he is supposedly the deciding factor between whether we win or lose then we are in bigger strife than we imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I agree that we need to not play Reid in the ruck, but, from the look of it they must think Naismith is going to play. They've named him on the ground.

Out of interest. Do the emergencies have to be the players that get cut or can they name anyone?
    Have to be the players named

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Why can't we play Naismith and Sinclair. In any case Cameron has no AFL games to his name. If he is supposedly the deciding factor between whether we win or lose then we are in bigger strife than we imagine.
    For @@@@s sake Naismith was in a brace until this week. Supposed to be out of action until next week. That is my problem. If Naismith doesn't come up the ruckman is going to have to be Reid. See what I mean Ugg? Don't name any ruck just in case Naismith doesn't come up. @@@@ing stupid!! Just like last week! Our coaches are incredibly @@@@ing @@@@!

For @@@@s sake Naismith was in a brace until this week. Supposed to be out of action until next week. That is my problem. If Naismith doesn't come up the ruckman is going to have to be Reid. See what I mean Ugg? Don't name any ruck just in case Naismith doesn't come up. @@@@ing stupid!! Just like last week! Our coaches are incredibly @@@@ing @@@@!
    You are assuming that Cameron is ready to make the step up to the AFL. If the coaches think he's not ready, then they've got no backup in the ruck. Although Aliir / Towers (with a nod to Ludwig) may be on the extended bench partly as makeshift ruckmen if Naismith doesn't play.

Let it all out, you'll feel better.....

I doubt we would name Naismith as our ruckman if he wasn't ready to play. He probably will take nearly all the centre bounces, so the 2nd ruckman is not that important. This would be the perfect game to play Towers as the backup ruckman as Stefan Martin is like an extra midfielder after the ruck contest and Towers could be the one negate the Lions' advantage in that area. Naismith has to win the hitouts if we are not killed in this area. I think we should drop Sincas as he is no match for Martin in any aspect of the ruck contest and will have a tall defender to go with when he's up forward, so little chance for uncontested marks.

Buddy can't believe that Sinclair can hold the ball in one hand without dropping it.

I'd like to see you do that in a game!

Buddy actually drops more than he should for his salary .

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast