Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    If we play the same as last week then McVeigh will play like this.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    So many people here have posted that there is no indication that winning rucks mean winning mids. But if you look at the best rucks you'll find that their output does reflect their team dominance.
    Not sure i agree with this. Arguably Martin and Goldstein are among the top 3 or 4 ruckman in the league and their teams are sitting 15th and 16th. Sandilands dominates ruck contests and they are 11th. West coast are missing both their top 2 ruckmen and yet they are 5th. I wouldn't call Stanley an elite ruckman, but Geelong are 3rd. Granted Jacobs and Mumford are contributing to their teams success. But I don't think there is any evidence to prove a dominant ruckman results in a dominant team.

Quite simply - cannot lose.

Excuses abound for Carlton, none are existent for the Lions.

Cannot conceive of any eventuality aside from victory. The manner of victory is the question....
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Just wild about Harry
    On SEN yesterday they were talking to the guys who do the stats for all AFL games and they seemed quite positive about our future. They said we have 10 young kids that have very good potential plus we will probably pick up Blakey (who they said is a gun). They said that the Swans staff know exactly where we are at and are doing the right things. They also said that we are missing McVeigh much more than is obvious as there is little onfield organisation.
    They also said the stats show that the Swans are being hunted more than any other team with the stats showing that the pressure applied by opponents is much higher against us than against any other team. I wonder why that is?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Quite simply - cannot lose.

Excuses abound for Carlton, none are existent for the Lions.

Cannot conceive of any eventuality aside from victory. The manner of victory is the question....
    I thought the same about Carlton last week, nothing would surprise me this week. The Lions will put up a good fight, they've got some quality young KPPs particularly Hipwood and Andrews. Would love to see Harris Andrews in red and white!

I'm quite happy to have Macca and his composure back on the ground .

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Not sure i agree with this. Arguably Martin and Goldstein are among the top 3 or 4 ruckman in the league and their teams are sitting 15th and 16th. Sandilands dominates ruck contests and they are 11th. West coast are missing both their top 2 ruckmen and yet they are 5th. I wouldn't call Stanley an elite ruckman, but Geelong are 3rd. Granted Jacobs and Mumford are contributing to their teams success. But I don't think there is any evidence to prove a dominant ruckman results in a dominant team.
    But a great midfield (which we have on paper) with a dominant ruck will go far. You can't use the Blions and Norf as example as they're playing just as bad as us. Goldstein/Martin in centre with the 2016 Swans would have been awesome. But then again if Tippo had played all season it wouldn't have mattered ....
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    I thought the same about Carlton last week, nothing would surprise me this week. The Lions will put up a good fight, they've got some quality young KPPs particularly Hipwood and Andrews. Would love to see Harris Andrews in red and white!
    Last year we only just beat them and this year they are playing much better and we are playing much worse.

I think we'll win but don't think it's going to be easy

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Mcveigh, in his prime was a top 10 player for the swans.

However last year he became a fringe player for the seniors, and played one quality game for the season. This is simply because he has lost his speed and a fair bit of strength. His marshalling of backline and slick handballs were still there, but he simply was getting beaten one on one too many times.
    Last year he came back in to the seniors after injury and was very ordinary for the first 4 weeks. A liability.

Macca may have a roll in 2017, but it would be based on meeting all these:
    - Exceptional form and fitness in the NEAFL
    - A lack of leadership in the firsts due to blooding the youth.

Surely after 0-6, we are focussing on youth and 2018 for this year. Whats the point of limping into 8th and playing all away finals ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Mcveigh, in his prime was a top 10 player for the swans.

However last year he became a fringe player for the seniors, and played one quality game for the season. This is simply because he has lost his speed and a fair bit of strength. His marshalling of backline and slick handballs were still there, but he simply was getting beaten one on one too many times.
    Last year he came back in to the seniors after injury and was very ordinary for the first 4 weeks. A liability.

Macca may have a roll in 2017, but it would be based on meeting all these:
    - Exceptional form and fitness in the NEAFL
    - A lack of leadership in the firsts due to blooding the youth.

Surely after 0-6, we are focussing on youth and 2018 for this year. Whats the point of limping into 8th and playing all away finals ?
    Winning against Brisbane is essential because I'm convinced that the problems with the Swans are primarily due to loss of confidence.

If McV is going to make the Swans play better on Sunday, including via his leadership and delivery out of defence, then I think they should bring him in. If he's going to make them play worse, then he should play in the NEAFL.

I don't think they've given up on the season just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

I don't know how to make sense of this information. Seriously confused. I reckon it means?

They will bring Tippo back via the NEAFL
    They are only going to pay Naismith or Sinclair, not both.
    They'll be playing 3 ruckmen in the NEAFL and only 1 in the AFL?

So

Where does this leave Cameron?
    Will Sam Reid be forced to pinch hit again (please no)? Or has Horse finally taken Ludwig's advice and they are going to get Towers / Aliir to ruck?

Against Carlton, in the last Q, Horse moved Sinclair out and put Reid into the ruck. Wasn't sure what that meant at the time (commentators suggested it was because Horse thought Sinclair was more likely to take a mark!) I think it's more likely to be because Horse think Reid's the better ruckman.

I'm hoping this also means they won't let McVeigh find his form / fitness in the AFL
    Last edited by Billericay; 5th May 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast