Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    In: Someone tall who can ruck and hold a mark in the forward line, someone who can win the contested ball and who can put pressure on the opposition whenever they have the ball, Aliir, another tall defender so we have a backline that can hold the Lions to a two-digit score.
    Out: Rohan (concussion), Grundy (concussion), anyone who had too many doughnuts on their stats sheet.

Change the game plan.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    In:

Attachment 1839

Out: the rest of them
    Good Post - but a lot of injury. I have no idea who is 100% and it must be less than we know.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Can I suggest a change?? how about of team of players that play for each other and actually look interested!!! I would love to watch that, regardless of who is in the side.

Regular in the Side
    our midfielders look battle weary to me...play yngsters, freshen our guys up by managing them this year..
    get a high draft pic in this years draft..

out: Cunningham, rose, BJ, grundy, rohan, smith (nowhere on the money at the moment for me)
    In: Cameron, Talia, Florent, AA, Maibum, Dawson (got to give the kid more than a weeks go)

In : NEAFL team
    Out: AFL team

Regular in the Side
    Pity that we can not play rookies. O'Riordan, Murray and Pink were three of the best in Darwin yet can not be considered unless we put someone on the Long Term Injury List. I would not bring in Tippet as he was poor last week before he got this new injury. I assume Grundy and Rohan are mandatory outs. We need two rucks so Cameron is a must and three tall defenders so that means Talia and Aliir must also come in. After that there is not much to look at for in's, Towers, Foote, Dawson, Florent is about it. I don't think Maibaum or Leonardis are ready. For other out's does young Hayward need a rest? BJ, Rose, Harry, Smooch and Laidler must be all on notice for starters.

Veterans List
    What about Papley into centre bounces. Has speed and is lively. One thing for sure is he will make a beeline for the footy.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What about Papley into centre bounces. Has speed and is lively. One thing for sure is he will make a beeline for the footy.
    I think they like him in the forward line so he's more than 50 metres away from a shot on the opponent's goal.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Warming the Bench
    I suspect we have a huge number of players playing with injuries. It's the only way I can justify the huge drop off.

Minimal training during the week results in rusty skills - particularly by foot.

Injections and strapping impair the mobility and feeling of the limbs. It must be very difficult to finesse a kick when you can't feel a part of your leg.

I'm guessing that many senior players are selflessly assuring the coaches that they can play through injury for the good team (eg K Jack), but are not playing to standard. This week, full scans, doc's opinion to count heavily and play only the fittest players.

I don't care if the young players butcher it a bit, but getting to and impacting contests are non negotiable - as well as tackling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It seems to me that there are a minimum 4 outs - two injury, two competence.

Out: Grundy, Rose, Jack, Rohan
    In: Aliir, Cameron, Florent, Dawson

Possibly Talia for Laidler; it wasn't Jeremy's fault, but we need to give Talia a crack at some point..

If Tippett is back, he's in for Sinclair.

Agree with all this.....

And would add 'Nearly There' isn't living up to his nickname, he's 'Nowhere Near There'...Can't catch, isn't physical enough when the ball is on the ground.

He should only get a game as a last resort.....

The Nankervis trade now hangs over the Swans brain trust like a bad smell.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Pity that we can not play rookies. O'Riordan, Murray and Pink were three of the best in Darwin yet can not be considered unless we put someone on the Long Term Injury List. I would not bring in Tippet as he was poor last week before he got this new injury. I assume Grundy and Rohan are mandatory outs. We need two rucks so Cameron is a must and three tall defenders so that means Talia and Aliir must also come in. After that there is not much to look at for in's, Towers, Foote, Dawson, Florent is about it. I don't think Maibaum or Leonardis are ready. For other out's does young Hayward need a rest? BJ, Rose, Harry, Smooch and Laidler must be all on notice for starters.
    I would like to see COR get a game soonet rather than later as i think he has plenty of potential, but Pink is nowhere near ready for Afl footy. The kid can most definitely play, but needs time to build up his frame and get his body ready fo AFL footy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Out: Rohan (concussion), Grundy (concussion), Jack (not going to change much at this stage)

In: Tippett (if fit), Cameron (if Tippett not available), Aliir (needs to learn in the seniors), Talia (Mills to midfield).

Reid to play forward at all times.

Ditto Buddy - he stuffs up too often in the midfield.

Focus in training on skills, not endurance. Find a way to play football as sport, not sentenced to hard labour.
    Last edited by dimelb; 30th April 2017 at 12:27 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast