Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

I was at the game and by the end of it, I wasn't taking much notice, but I swear Grundy was back on the ground in the last 5 minutes. If that was the case, he should be available next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    I was at the game and by the end of it, I wasn't taking much notice, but I swear Grundy was back on the ground in the last 5 minutes. If that was the case, he should be available next week.
    On the match report Grundy was listed as having concussion (along with Rohan). If correct then I hope he wasn't back on the ground.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes Reg finished the game on the ground

No 'dramatic change' for Sydney, despite horror start - AFL.com.au

SYDNEY won't make any "dramatic change" in the wake of its shock 0-6 start to 2017, with Swans football boss Tom Harley confident the club has the talent to turn its season around...

Harley told SEN radio on Monday morning the Swans were not contemplating the type of "catastrophic changes" Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson flagged in the wake of his side's latest flogging at the hands of St Kilda on Saturday.

Harley said the Swans had blooded 13 debutants since the start of last season, and believed simple hard work would prove the solution to their on-field woes.

"We haven't taken a specific development focus with the selection of the team. We've been picking the team on merit and the way the list has evolved over the past couple of years, the kids [have been] playing," Harley said.

"So it's not just like we've changed tack and played the kids because the kids are playing. And to be fair, of those 13 (recent debutants) only Jack Hiscox is no longer in the squad and the others have made meaningful contributions.

"We've clearly had some challenges with players coming off limited preparations and some absolute uncontrollables like (Isaac) Heeney (glandular fever) and (Dane) Rampe (broken arm), so we need to get our best players in the team and fit, and then work on the form.

"I wouldn't be forecasting any dramatic change.

"We know we have got the talent. We had five All Australians last year and technically that's only seven games ago. So we've got to find ways to maximise their output."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Id just bring in Talia and Allir.
    Talia should have played today.

Ruck can be Sinclair with Reid and Allir helping out.

Barry I don't want to see Reid in the ruck. Our forward line has been totally destabalised since he has had to go to the ruck. I want to see either Cameron or Tippett in. Cameron was very good in the reserves. We have no forward set up at present and that is because Longmire insists on rucking Reid. Absolute crap and it has been a bloody disaster. Not that he has been crap in the ruck he has been just ok. But when he is in the ruck we have no forward set up because Sinclair can't mark the bloody ball. The other thing is Darcy Cameron can be very dangerous up forward.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    On the match report Grundy was listed as having concussion (along with Rohan). If correct then I hope he wasn't back on the ground.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that his concussion was a late on-set and he passed the in-game test, only showing symptoms afterward

Blog Entries
    I have a 100% win record for interstate games.
    And I'm going to this one.
    I'd like to keep my record clean.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Barry I don't want to see Reid in the ruck. Our forward line has been totally destabalised since he has had to go to the ruck. I want to see either Cameron or Tippett in. Cameron was very good in the reserves. We have no forward set up at present and that is because Longmire insists on rucking Reid. Absolute crap and it has been a bloody disaster. Not that he has been crap in the ruck he has been just ok. But when he is in the ruck we have no forward set up because Sinclair can't mark the bloody ball. The other thing is Darcy Cameron can be very dangerous up forward.
    Agreed. It doesn't make any sense to play a key position player in the tuck. We compromise our forward structure further by doing so. If our ruckman are incapable of rucking, they should be cut or traded as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that his concussion was a late on-set and he passed the in-game test, only showing symptoms afterward
    Thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I have a 100% win record for interstate games.
    And I'm going to this one.
    I'd like to keep my record clean.
    And so would we Scott!

Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

There is little doubt that the loss of Tippett pre-Carlton game and replacement with a small was a selection disaster. Their big guys monstered is both in the ruck and up forward. Kruezer and Casbolt were 2 of the best on ground. Accordingly we need to bring in either Tippett or Cameron to replace a small - probably Jack or Rose. I assume Rohan will miss too given his terrible fall. Surely Alir has to come back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    If both miss:
    Dawson for Rohan?
    Talia for Reg?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast