Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    There is little doubt that the loss of Tippett pre-Carlton game and replacement with a small was a selection disaster. Their big guys monstered is both in the ruck and up forward. Kruezer and Casbolt were 2 of the best on ground. Accordingly we need to bring in either Tippett or Cameron to replace a small - probably Jack or Rose. I assume Rohan will miss too given his terrible fall. Surely Alir has to come back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, personally I think Aliir is a must, as he's our most incisive mover of the ball out of defence.

I agree Aliir is a must but I would like to see him replace Rohan, he reads the play well and has great acceleration or if he is selected to played in the back 50 play him off a flank or BP.
    Talia probably needs to be given a chance and given we are 0-6 this would be the time to give him 3-4 games to determine if he is worth keeping. He has the talent but would be well down on confidence having to play in the NEAFL give him a chance.

Aliir - Rohan
    Talia - Grundy if out
    Towers - Rose - IMHO Towers even with his fades has so much more to offer at this point that either BJ or Rose.
    Cameron - BJ

Cheers

Waz

Alir has to play for Laidler
    Florent for Jack
    Tipett for Sinclair
    Cameron for Rose

Cameron/Tipett Ruck, cant have Reid pinch hitting we just lose too much up forward

Smith Reg Newman (taking kick ins)
    Alir Melican Jones
    Hannas (needs to run not get contested ball) Kennedy Lloyd (same as Hannas)
    Heeney Buddy Rohan -
    Papley Reid Tippet

Rucks - Cameron Parker Heeney
    Mills Hewett Cunningham (tagging someone) Hayward

Mills Heeney primarily in the Centre
    Reid/Buddy/Rohan all floating CHB to FF

Excellent Scott.
    Our first win of the season then .

Capture.JPG

Might have $20 on the Lions I think. Soften the blow if we lose. Can't believe those odds.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Capture.JPG

Might have $20 on the Lions I think. Soften the blow if we lose. Can't believe those odds.
    A proper each way bet

I play $10 nine game all ups ....
    One day .....
    I might be able to buy a new car.

I get those odds are noteworthy but I would so much prefer to keep gambling discussion well away from everywhere except specifically designated threads.

Warming the Bench
    If Allir comes in he has to play closer to his opponent he has been caught out in the games he has played this year. It is ok having good closing speed when there is pressure on the kicker but that hasn't been happening and his opponent has been marking virtually uncontested. We talk about how good our kids are but how many of them would get a game at other clubs.
    Mills I don't think should have played in the Grand Final he was clearly not fit, no one can doubt his courage but in the GF and this year I reckon he has been targeted or bullied and is another player that looks slow.

Regular in the Side
    In Darwin Aliir along with Edwards and Maibaum had zero tackles to his name. I had problems in identifying who he was playing on as most of the time he was near no one. He was playing very loose and his supposed opponent probably also had a field day. That said he was very exciting to watch when he got the ball in his hand and sped off on a run.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    In Darwin Aliir along with Edwards and Maibaum had zero tackles to his name. I had problems in identifying who he was playing on as most of the time he was near no one. He was playing very loose and his supposed opponent probably also had a field day. That said he was very exciting to watch when he got the ball in his hand and sped off on a run.
    I think this was partially a decision by the NT thunder team as well to not really try and make Aliir accountable - you could argue the exact same thing from their side (i.e. who the hell was on Aliir all night). Edwards also went off injured at half time did he not?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    His opponent was number 14 Hugo Drogemuller.

I don't have a problem with him playing loose if that what he was instructed to do. Also it's hard to pick out just from the vision whether he was actually playing loose or just read the ball better than his opponent. It's only something you'd get watching at the ground.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast