Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Warming the Bench
    I'd like to see 3 tall defenders play against the Lions. If Reg is out then my defenders are

Smith Talia Newman
    Aliir Melican Mills

I agree with others that we have to stop using Sam Reid as a ruck. He plays CHF, backup ruck and in defence when the opposition ruck goes forward. If we play 3 talls in defence then Reid won't need to play back.

I like playing 2 rucks as well. If Tippett is not fit then Sinclair and Cameron can share the ruck work. A bit restrictive I know but we don't have a ruck who can go the whole game like some other teams.

Do we really need 3 small forwards? We had Papley, Hayward and Rose.

I haven't selected my team yet - still mulling it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    I'd like to see 3 tall defenders play against the Lions. If Reg is out then my defenders are

Smith Talia Newman
    Aliir Melican Mills

I agree with others that we have to stop using Sam Reid as a ruck. He plays CHF, backup ruck and in defence when the opposition ruck goes forward. If we play 3 talls in defence then Reid won't need to play back.

I like playing 2 rucks as well. If Tippett is not fit then Sinclair and Cameron can share the ruck work. A bit restrictive I know but we don't have a ruck who can go the whole game like some other teams.

Do we really need 3 small forwards? We had Papley, Hayward and Rose.

I haven't selected my team yet - still mulling it over.
    Completely agree re: 3 tall defenders and 2 rucks. I wonder if Horse's playing 2 less talls than this is based on lack of available personnel (Aliir / Talia and Cameron not ready) and/or concern about being too slow. Although Aliir for Laidler would make us quicker, Cameron for Rose / BJ would have the opposite effect.

Regular in the Side
    Agree with all of this. Don't want to see Reid in ruck or we will be adding him to our injury list. We went small and supposedly fast against Carlton and still looked slow so we could hardly be worse if we made the changes you suggest. Hayward is very promising but should be managed maybe this week. I don't like dropping players after only one week like they did with Dawson but BJ and Rose did not demand that they be left in the team. Rohan should have been dropped anyway on his performance up until the injury and Reg could also be rested regardless of the concussion issue so outs are easy to find. Would not want to see McVeigh come straight back in if passed fit to play. He should earn his place through the NEAFL as he has missed too much footy.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Would not want to see McVeigh come straight back in if passed fit to play. He should earn his place through the NEAFL as he has missed too much footy.
    I'm quietly confident McV will come back in this week

I think all this talk about whether or not Alir has an opponent is the core of Sydney's issue this year

We need to move away from being the lock down congested team we have been and move with modern footy which is run and spread
    We haven't kick 100pts this year and that is not because our backmen haven't been accountable is because our back men and mids haven't been creative enough to get their hands on the ball and spread
    Alir at the SCG is a mark in defensive 50, 15m run and a kick into the fwd 50

Warming the Bench
    Aliir's best asset is his evasiveness. Seems to be able to run a ball out of defence even when there's players everywhere. I feel like they are trying to make him a KPD because he's so tall but really he may be better suited as a HBF or even on the wing where the priority is fast and efficient ball movement instead of stopping your opposite number getting the ball

Senior Player
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Aliir's best asset is his evasiveness. Seems to be able to run a ball out of defence even when there's players everywhere. I feel like they are trying to make him a KPD because he's so tall but really he may be better suited as a HBF or even on the wing where the priority is fast and efficient ball movement instead of stopping your opposite number getting the ball
    Potentially, or as Ludwig suggests - in the ruck

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I get those odds are noteworthy but I would so much prefer to keep gambling discussion well away from everywhere except specifically designated threads.
    I realise you don't like posts about betting but I thought you'd like to know we are now a certainty to win because I backed Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I realise you don't like posts about betting but I thought you'd like to know we are now a certainty to win because I backed Brisbane.
    (-:

That's a relief! But is it fair play? And could it be countered if Lions fans bet on themselves to win?

Why dont we drop all 21 players and just use AA? It seems that on here and on BF he is our MVP.

Sheesh i am starting to dislike the guy not through his own fault, but the fans reaction towards him. I wonder if those who are gushing over him would think the same if he wasnt ummm you know. The guy is a good player but it will take one coach to expose him and him leaking goals..

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    Why dont we drop all 21 players and just use AA? It seems that on here and on BF he is our MVP.

Sheesh i am starting to dislike the guy not through his own fault, but the fans reaction towards him. I wonder if those who are gushing over him would think the same if he wasnt ummm you know. The guy is a good player but it will take one coach to expose him and him leaking goals..
    @@@@ post mate

I don't know if you've noticed but we're already leaking plenty of goals. In addition we've got no run and no kicking skills out of defence without him and Rampe, that's why he needs to be in the team. Did you see Docherty pick up anyone on Saturday while he was on his way to being BOG?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast