Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    Why dont we drop all 21 players and just use AA? It seems that on here and on BF he is our MVP.

Sheesh i am starting to dislike the guy not through his own fault, but the fans reaction towards him. I wonder if those who are gushing over him would think the same if he wasnt ummm you know. The guy is a good player but it will take one coach to expose him and him leaking goals..
    Ummm ....... I don't know. What do you mean?

Why dont we drop all 21 players and just use AA? It seems that on here and on BF he is our MVP.

Sheesh i am starting to dislike the guy not through his own fault, but the fans reaction towards him. I wonder if those who are gushing over him would think the same if he wasnt ummm you know. The guy is a good player but it will take one coach to expose him and him leaking goals..
    Why don't you just say that you think everyone is gushing because the colour of his skin. Do you seriously think people in this day n age think this, you might get a minority of sjw's but I think most want him in due to his run n carry which atm we lack considerably. You have to look at the defence as one whole unit. We have Smith terribly out of form, Grundy has been concussed in 2 games, Rampe is out, Melican is a first year player, not a lot of defensive help from the midfield n clubs have battered Mills from pillar to post. AA would help Grundy as a third man up, allow more run from half back, put another big body down there which we lack and gives us more flexibility allowing Mills & Jones more time through the midfield. He's not the key to changing things around immediately but he's part of the key. It has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    (-:

That's a relief! But is it fair play? And could it be countered if Lions fans bet on themselves to win?
    Now that's an interesting theory. The good news is I checked the odds just before and they haven't changed so it's safe to assume that Lions supporters aren't willing to risk their hard earned on their team. Therefore I predict Swans by 20pts.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    How about a change for Brisbane game this week? In comes McVeigh and delisted or retired is Kurt Tippett? I have a feeling it would improve our performances for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    How about a change for Brisbane game this week? In comes McVeigh and delisted or retired is Kurt Tippett? I have a feeling it would improve our performances for the rest of the year.
    I seriously want us to try and get that useless lump off our playing list at the end of the year. I don't expect to get any draft picks but if we are in rebuild phase for next year, which we will be, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by having him on the list. Pay $300,00 of his $900,000 deal next year and ship him off to the Gold Coast who I think would take him for two years at $400,000 a season. We get $600,000 in salary cap, Tippett gets a final chance and the Suns get some experience. It's win - win and I am sure delusional by me.

I like Aliir but I just think he is too loose for a KPD. I would love to see him playing wing, HFF and pinch hitting in the ruck in the forward line. We could then just have our ruckman playing the back half and a kick behind the play. If we ant this to happen then Maubain has to play this week and I hear he went well last week against the NEAFL's best Full Forward.

Senior Player

Dubious post...in fact, an unpleasant post we could do without.

Warming the Bench

For me personally he is an exciting player who I'm sure you'll agree took us all by surprise last year to have a real impact on the team, even made the AFL "team of the week" a couple of times if I recall. My hope is he'll get back to his best soon. He is coming off a limited pre season so as expected he's had a few sub par games to start.

Although not playing his best at the moment, I think we need him in our side to run the ball out of defence (particularly when missing Rampe as well). More often than not he'll find a target rather than blazing away.

Would you care to rebut?

On the veteran's list
    Horse says no Tippett or Rohan this week.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Why don't you just say that you think everyone is gushing because the colour of his skin. Do you seriously think people in this day n age think this, you might get a minority of sjw's but I think most want him in due to his run n carry which atm we lack considerably. You have to look at the defence as one whole unit. We have Smith terribly out of form, Grundy has been concussed in 2 games, Rampe is out, Melican is a first year player, not a lot of defensive help from the midfield n clubs have battered Mills from pillar to post. AA would help Grundy as a third man up, allow more run from half back, put another big body down there which we lack and gives us more flexibility allowing Mills & Jones more time through the midfield. He's not the key to changing things around immediately but he's part of the key. It has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.
    Thats exactly what I am saying and people will now do cart wheels trying to say otherwise.

AFL fans go all gushy when an exotic player comes in to the AFL, now we have our own, we have to treat him special.

Those dashing runs come at a cost, goals. Longmuire and the coaching staff saw this and made him go back to fix that. But noooooo the fans know a lot more than the coaching staff and demand AA back, he is the guy to turn our season around.

The player we miss the most in our back 6 is Rampe.

Yeah AA is exciting when he does those runs complete with marsh mellow passes, but thats all he can do. Cant spoilt, @@@@ on 1 on 1 and well thats about it.

Thats exactly what I am saying and people will now do cart wheels trying to say otherwise.

AFL fans go all gushy when an exotic player comes in to the AFL, now we have our own, we have to treat him special.

Those dashing runs come at a cost, goals. Longmuire and the coaching staff saw this and made him go back to fix that. But noooooo the fans know a lot more than the coaching staff and demand AA back, he is the guy to turn our season around.

The player we miss the most in our back 6 is Rampe.

Yeah AA is exciting when he does those runs complete with marsh mellow passes, but thats all he can do. Cant spoilt, @@@@ on 1 on 1 and well thats about it.
    Well why didn't you just say it. Yes I agree a few sjw who would be the minority would think that but the majority on here in my opinion wouldn't.

Massively miss Rampe, I fully agree. ATM Aliir is your poor mans Gibson when he was in his prime but even Gibbo in his prime was never great 1:1. You bring Aliir in as a 3rd man up n it does what I posted. The biggest plus is the release of Mills or Jones. Our midfield desperately needs help. No defensive pressure which in turn destroys our back half. But like I said Aliir on his own is not the answer it's a combination of things. Virtually no ruckman which then robes us of Reid in the forward half. Need an extra midfielder to help out Kennedy. The Back half is a shadow of what it was. The biggest issue for me though is the midfield. No defensive pressure n looks devoid of confidence.

I was very critical of our drafting of Aliir at pick 44 in 2013. That year AFLtv, which I subscribe to, broadcast all the under 18 championship games and Aliir was constantly beaten one on one, and he was very frustrated by it too. If we wanted him, I thought we could have easily taken him as a rookie. In his 1st year in the NEAFL he didn't impress as a defender and was a poor judge of the flight of the ball. It was looking like a real dumb move drafting him ahead of Ben Brown.

So much credit must be given to our recruiters and development team for having the vision to see his potential and also having the ability to develop his talent.

Aliir is 22 and has played 16 AFL games. So we need to put this into perspective when comparing him to established star players. There will always be parts of his game that can improve. He's and instinctive player who needs to find the right balance of with the requirements of team structure. I will side with the coaches if they think it's better for him to spend time in the NEAFL to work on certain aspects of his game. But that doesn't change my opinion that despite my skepticism at first, he seems an enormous talent and destined to be one of the most exciting players in the AFL. I love watching him play.

If we missed a chance to draft Ben Brown , that's a clanger .
    I love watching him play .

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast