Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    If we missed a chance to draft Ben Brown , that's a clanger .
    I love watching him play .
    At the time I wanted us to take Blake Acres with our first pick in the 2013 draft, but am very pleased that we took Zak Jones instead. Acres went at pick 19 and seems to be doing okay now at the Saints.

I was thrilled that we got Hewett at pick 32, but was not happy with our next 2 picks with Nankervis at 35 and Aliir at 44. But it's turned out to be okay, or even better than okay. I didn't think a ruckman was priority (which is par for the course for me) and we really needed a KPD. So I was keen on taking either Cameron Giles or Jake Kalodjashnij. Giles has since retired without playing a game due to serious injuries and JK looks to be a part of the Geelong backline once their old defenders retire. Ben Brown went at pick 47 and would have been the better choice for a ruck-forward than Nanka IMO, although Nanka is doing well enough at Richmond.

In the end, it was a great draft for us. Aliir will be a star and we traded Nankervis and got Cameron, which is fine with me. Hitting 4 out of 4 in the ND is a fantastic performance by our recruiters, especially when our 1st pick was #16.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Dubious post...in fact, an unpleasant post we could do without.
    Agree entirely........very dubious.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    Thats exactly what I am saying and people will now do cart wheels trying to say otherwise.

AFL fans go all gushy when an exotic player comes in to the AFL, now we have our own, we have to treat him special.

Those dashing runs come at a cost, goals. Longmuire and the coaching staff saw this and made him go back to fix that. But noooooo the fans know a lot more than the coaching staff and demand AA back, he is the guy to turn our season around.

The player we miss the most in our back 6 is Rampe.

Yeah AA is exciting when he does those runs complete with marsh mellow passes, but thats all he can do. Cant spoilt, @@@@ on 1 on 1 and well thats about it.
    Rampe is missed yes, but is unavailable, Allir played very well for the two's on the weekend and is available and should come straight back in. BTW, it sounds like you'd be much more at home at Subiaco mate..........

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Horse says no Tippett or Rohan this week.
    I think he was talking about Jack, not Tippett.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

One bit of good news for the Swans: Dayne Beams won't be playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I think he was talking about Jack, not Tippett.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    Think you are right. Tom Harley said they'd probably name Tippo and make a final decision after training Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I seriously want us to try and get that useless lump off our playing list at the end of the year. I don't expect to get any draft picks but if we are in rebuild phase for next year, which we will be, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by having him on the list. Pay $300,00 of his $900,000 deal next year and ship him off to the Gold Coast who I think would take him for two years at $400,000 a season. We get $600,000 in salary cap, Tippett gets a final chance and the Suns get some experience. It's win - win and I am sure delusional by me.

I like Aliir but I just think he is too loose for a KPD. I would love to see him playing wing, HFF and pinch hitting in the ruck in the forward line. We could then just have our ruckman playing the back half and a kick behind the play. If we ant this to happen then Maubain has to play this week and I hear he went well last week against the NEAFL's best Full Forward.
    Completely agree. Tippo is embarrassing. AA seems much lighter than he was last year as does Sinclair. Wonder if the effort to get them faster in the feet comes at a price.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Well why didn't you just say it. Yes I agree a few sjw who would be the minority would think that but the majority on here in my opinion wouldn't.

Massively miss Rampe, I fully agree. ATM Aliir is your poor mans Gibson when he was in his prime but even Gibbo in his prime was never great 1:1. You bring Aliir in as a 3rd man up n it does what I posted. The biggest plus is the release of Mills or Jones. Our midfield desperately needs help. No defensive pressure which in turn destroys our back half. But like I said Aliir on his own is not the answer it's a combination of things. Virtually no ruckman which then robes us of Reid in the forward half. Need an extra midfielder to help out Kennedy. The Back half is a shadow of what it was. The biggest issue for me though is the midfield. No defensive pressure n looks devoid of confidence.
    SJW make me hate good things, their virtue signaling is the reason the world has gone to @@@@. Both right and left are filled with weaponized autism.

My issue is, will take a coach to isolate him which will leak goals and then destroy him. Does anyone recall Rampes first game against the hawks? Rampe was isolated in the goal square and exposed. Luckily Rampe learnt quick smart and recovered because he is an defender first and foremost with the ability to attack. AA is the other way round, which is great when you are winning and not leaking goals.

As much as i love his dash, we need a lot more than some fancy attacking play.

Just wild about Harry
    SJW make me hate good things, their virtue signaling is the reason the world has gone to @@@@. Both right and left are filled with weaponized autism.

My issue is, will take a coach to isolate him which will leak goals and then destroy him. Does anyone recall Rampes first game against the hawks? Rampe was isolated in the goal square and exposed. Luckily Rampe learnt quick smart and recovered because he is an defender first and foremost with the ability to attack. AA is the other way round, which is great when you are winning and not leaking goals.

Rampe had a lot more experience than Aliir at this stage. Rampe spent time at the Bulldogs and played in the VFL then came to play in the Sydney comp before he came to us. He was more of a polished product when he played his first senior game but he still had a lot of learning to do. Aliir is probably on the same trajectory but probably ahead of Rampe at the same stage. If the coaching staff see more benefit for Aliir to spend time in the NEAFL rather than the seniors then I support them. It is short term pain for long term gain.
    Patience will be rewarded.

I definitely agree that we need more than just some run. In Regards to Rampe he was a midfielder put into defence. And just like Rampe it's up to the coaching staff to educate him on these type of situations & playing as a mid sized defender and also have the correct structure in place to make sure he's not dragged to the goal square. Like I said Aliir is definitely not the answer to the problems atm but he's a small part of the solution. I don't see him atm developing into your 1st or 2nd key back. He's a third up that allows some run, help for the key backs and frees up others for other roles. If anyone thinks "let's just throw Aliir in n it'll all be fixed" are going to be very disappointed. Small part to a bigger solution.

I'm over in Indonesia the last week doing yoga and meditation

I woke up this morn and had a dream that Harry C has a blinder this week

2 goals and set up 2.....but played equal game time coming off the HBF wing

Crazy things happen !!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I'm over in Indonesia the last week doing yoga and meditation

I woke up this morn and had a dream that Harry C has a blinder this week

2 goals and set up 2.....but played equal game time coming off the HBF wing

Crazy things happen !!
    That's really weird, because I had a dream that I was over in Indonesia doing yoga and meditation, when a crazy man, stark naked except for a red and white baseball cap, came running down the street screaming: Harry's gonna have a blinder! Harry's gonna have a blinder!

I woke up in a cold sweat.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast