Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone optimistic?

Warming the Bench

Anyone optimistic?

Anyone optimistic? I am. Tough times, but hang in. The tide will turn.

Wrote this for the club website: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...e-to-from-here

I am.
    I still say finals
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    This is me at my most optimistic moment.

No.

I am sure we have many severe problems.

100 gallons of cool-aid couldnt change my mind.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I am of the opinion that the in the long run the losses will help us more than had we played poor and had close wins. Our current position on the ladder has shown that lomgmire will need to tweek something, question is can he? We are a proud club and have become what most other clubs aspire to be, that achievement was not a fluke and we will bounce back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If as Heeney suggests : "it's quiet out there , very wierd "
    that the camaraderie has gone to Gowings...
    It might take awhile .
    But I'm hoping there's not much to see there , and they will bounce sooner that later.

I'm optimistic that we'll trade out the right players at the end of this year.

I'm optimistic. There would have been no 2012 without 2009 draft and trades. A down year may put us in a position to draft / trade for a premiership next year. We were always going to drop eventually - this is spectacular and unexpected- but we will be back.

There are probably a few demons out there that success has masked and this will be good for the club to do a bit of a spring clean.

I think it will play out exactly like freo did last year, with a bounce back next year.

Senior Player
    I'm not pessimistic.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    I'm optimistic. There would have been no 2012 without 2009 draft and trades. A down year may put us in a position to draft / trade for a premiership next year. We were always going to drop eventually - this is spectacular and unexpected- but we will be back.
    + 1

I'm optimistic, but not in the sense that we will suddenly turn things around and challenge for a premiership this year. If we split the rest of our games we will have 8 wins and should finish around 12th or 13th, which should get us a couple of good draft picks.

Nothing has changed in my assessment of our playing list. We've have an incredible group of players who have joined the club through the past 4 drafts. Jones, Hewett, Aliir, Heeney, Mills, Melican, Dawson, O'Riordan, Papley and the entire crop of players from a strong 2016 draft. These players will be around for the next decade.

There are many ideas floating around about why we've done so poorly this year, but a whole group of elite players is not going to suddenly fall off the edge together. Hannebery and Parker are at the peak of their careers. KJ should play at a high level at least till his contract ends in 2019. JPK and Smith have been consistent performers at a very high level for a long time; I am sure they will regain their best form soon enough.

The intensity seems to have been drained from the club, but I feel this will be temporary and we will regain our composure and form sometime during this season. It could be next week. It could be in a month or 2. Maybe we will have to wait for AJ's AFL 2nd coming (not a bad idea to get a club in the dumps revved up again).

I have confidence that our coaching staff are clever managers and will find the key to our future success that will become apparent to all and we will go into the off season eager for the 2018 season to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    I agree 100%. Now is the time to trial some youth, experiment and rest injured players in order to prolong their careers. Take a top 4 draft pick and regroup for next year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast