Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Xav Richards

I said within the terms of the rules, I didn't say anything about the spirit of the rules ... human nature ruins it for everyone!

The Queensland NEAFL sides Aspley, Redlands and Southport arent permitted to compete in the QFL (brisbane Equivalent of Prems). There top team is QFA which is equivalent of Div 1.

They have a NEAFL squad of 30 plus 5 rookies and the extras are farmed out to other clubs. Thing is with injuries etc there is very rarely many to go back so there isnt much impact on local comp.

Works much better than the Sydney Uni rort method.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole In Bucket View Post
    The Queensland NEAFL sides Aspley, Redlands and Southport arent permitted to compete in the QFL (brisbane Equivalent of Prems). There top team is QFA which is equivalent of Div 1.

They have a NEAFL squad of 30 plus 5 rookies and the extras are farmed out to other clubs. Thing is with injuries etc there is very rarely many to go back so there isnt much impact on local comp.

There, that didn't take long, and no one even had to think about it!

Actually the highest non NEAFL Aspley team is lower as their comps have two grades so the Hornets reserves team is the equivalent of Div 2.

Sydney Uni do put five senior teams on the field in the SFL though, surely knocking them isn't the solution. And I don't think Southport or Redlands even have any other senior teams. I guess they get their toppies from other QAFL teams in their location.

Overall the Brisbane football scene is much more conducive to this of course. Most of the clubs have enormous pokie dens that feed their football programmes. Not a good thing in itself but it does allow then more financial muscle than a club here

NEAFL squad of 30 plus 5 rookies - is this required for NEAFL clubs and if so as stated in a earlier post Sydney UNI has 45 listed for NEAFL ?? I would think if they did the 30 + rookies that would be good for Sydney AFL with club top ups

Must be old NEWS as no reply to my last post. But I looked up NEAFL Rules and this is what was listed.

NEAFL RULES 2017 15.2 Competition Playing Lists (Non AFL Clubs)
    (a) Clubs are required to list 35 primary list players and up to 12 rookies. To be eligible to be a
    rookie, players must be under 21 years of age and must have played less than 20 NEAFL or
    other State League senior matches at the start of each season. All rookie listed players must be
    approved by the NEAFL Manager. Team lists must be submitted as advised by the AFL. The
    totals referred to in this paragraph (a) do not include Matches played by a top up player with an
    AFL Club.

So back to the question of Syd Uni recruiting 45 for NEAFL this year.

Whatever works for SU, I guess ... they are undefeated on top of the NEAFL and the SAFL Premier Division Ladders ... nothing to see here ...

Almost Football Legend
    Not undefeated in Premier Division. North Shore towelled them up a few weeks ago.

I knew you would be paying attention!

Makes ALL the difference doesn't it ...

Regular in the Side
    Xavier knocks back a contract with the Swans because he wants to get back to family in Melbourne etc etc.
    So when he misses out with no interest from another club he chooses to stay in Sydney to further his studies.
    Am I missing something here?
    Did he leave or was he pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Boy View Post
    Xavier knocks back a contract with the Swans because he wants to get back to family in Melbourne etc etc.
    So when he misses out with no interest from another club he chooses to stay in Sydney to further his studies.
    Am I missing something here?
    Did he leave or was he pushed?
    Money could be better at Syd Uni ??

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456