Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 5 - May 6-7

Yellow card for striking is an automatic reporting isn't it? And reported for striking carries 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Yellow card for striking is an automatic reporting isn't it? And reported for striking carries 2 weeks?
    Striking always a yellow. Suspension depends on report by umpires ie: part of body struck, impact etc. Can be anything from reprimand to life.

I wonder if 16 weeks for a life ban is too great a requirement for anything below Premier Division football?

It seems a really large amount of reporting to get in games with basically zero video monitoring, two field umpires plus or minus club umpires.

I was talking to a mate about it the other night. Some people are always like "thats only a few suspensions" but really when you see how very little suspensions there are you'd have to be trying very hard to get 16.

Even someone like Craigy whos playing in my team this week - has been playing for nearly 20 years, doesn't mind a bit of niggle and hasn't got his 16 weeks.

How many people in sydney footy have ever got it?

Almost Football Legend
    Before my time in Sydney footy, but you'd have to go back to the bloodbath grand finals of the 1980s & early 90s for suspensions that long.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Bloke from Camden got 3 weeks for striking, nothing for Jarjoura?

Deregistered / banned for life

Did he actually?

Warming the Bench
    please confirm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12