Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 6: Sydney Swans Reserves v Brisbane Lions Reserves @ SCG

Agree with others that Newman was clearly BOG and showed that he shouldn't have been dropped. I noticed he did a lot more pointing at the start of the second half, but then missed a kick on goal, so went back to just playing footy.

Ludwig's Best: Newman, Cameron, Murray, Dawson, Maibaum.

COL not my best, but I like his toughness. Had a decent game, but made some errors.

Cedric Cox is another kid from Halls Creek, like SPS of Carlton. There was a 3rd Halls Creek kid who I liked, but went undrafted.

Will Davies is such a biased and poor commentator. I don't mind that he's a Lion's supporter, but he makes so many mistakes that the audio and visual just don't match up. He must do it for free, because I can't imagine getting paid for that kind of performance.

The umpiring was baffling at times. They probably get paid, but not sure if it's from the NEAFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Agree with others that Newman was clearly BOG and showed that he shouldn't have been dropped. I noticed he did a lot more pointing at the start of the second half, but then missed a kick on goal, so went back to just playing footy.

Ludwig's Best: Newman, Cameron, Murray, Dawson, Maibaum.

COL not my best, but I like his toughness. Had a decent game, but made some errors.

Cedric Cox is another kid from Halls Creek, like SPS of Carlton. There was a 3rd Halls Creek kid who I liked, but went undrafted.

Will Davies is such a biased and poor commentator. I don't mind that he's a Lion's supporter, but he makes so many mistakes that the audio and visual just don't match up. He must do it for free, because I can't imagine getting paid for that kind of performance.

The umpiring was baffling at times. They probably get paid, but not sure if it's from the NEAFL.
    Yes, the commentary was a bit random at times: certainly didn't help me trying to work out which toppy was which. I think at one stage, he called a toppy, Toby Rose?
    And like everybody else, I did think that Newman was BOG. I was impressed at how he often hit targets 50 metres away.

Pushing for Selection
    Fox was also ok, made a few mistakes but he gets to where the ball is. Massive level change when going up to afl.
    Dawson needs to stay fwd if that's where they want him to play in the 1sts.
    I think talia battled today, but maybe he would play better in a team of better players.

Veterans List
    I was at Bikram Yoga while you couch potatoes were watching the 2's. Who won and any chance of a score.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    15.12 10.5

Goal Kickers: S. Murray 2, J. Dawson 2, S. Fisher 2, B. Jack, W. Gowers, H. MacDonald, J. Mapleson, T. Leonardis, N. Newman, C. O''Riordan, J. Foote, D. Cameron

Regular in the Side
    Agree that best were Newman, Murray, Cameron, Dawson and Maibaum though I would have had Cedric Cox possibly as BOG in a losing team. Brisbane faded after Archie Smith was hurt in a tackle late in the . He was dominating up until then but had little influence afterwards.

Sydney
    Goal Kickers: S. Murray 2, J. Dawson 2, S. Fisher 2, J. Foote, W. Gowers, D. Cameron, J. Mapleson, B. Jack, H. MacDonald, N. Newman, T. Leonardis, C. O''Riordan
    Best Players: N. Newman, S. Murray, J. Mapleson, D. Cameron, J. Maibaum, J. Foote
    Brisbane
    Goal Kickers: B. Grewar 2, R. Bastinac 2, J. Clayton, J. Jansen, J. Walker, T. Bell, O. McInerney, R. William
    Best Players: C. Cox, R. Bewick, L. Dawson, M. Hammelmann, J. Walker, R. Bastinac

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    15.12 10.5

Goal Kickers: S. Murray 2, J. Dawson 2, S. Fisher 2, B. Jack, W. Gowers, H. MacDonald, J. Mapleson, T. Leonardis, N. Newman, C. O''Riordan, J. Foote, D. Cameron
    Thanks Ugg.

In many ways I am actually happier about the NEAFL result today as it gives some genuine hope for players coming through.

Newman, Cameron and Maibaum should all get their chances over the rest of the season and the fact they are pushing shows this season may not be the write off some of us (me included) were fearing

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I was at Bikram Yoga while you couch potatoes were watching the 2's. Who won and any chance of a score.

Regular in the Side
    How could anybody rate Mapleson ahead of Dawson on those stats and even more so after watching what they did.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast