Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 6: Sydney Swans Reserves v Brisbane Lions Reserves @ SCG

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    How could anybody rate Mapleson ahead of Dawson on those stats and even more so after watching what they did.
    Yes, it does seem strange? Maybe it was one of the NEAFL commentators, as they seemed to have a bit of trouble recognising Swans players. Oh well, at least they gave Newman BOG.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Swans reserves votes are are about the same most sportingpulse club best 6. Sometimes a random generator selects players.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    The commentators had real trouble in recognising which team had the ball. The number of times I heard the Swans had the ball or the Lions had the ball when it was the other way around looked like it was approaching a 50/50 guess. Almost as bad as the umpires trying to bounce the ball in the centre which gave me hope that I could be a NEAFL umpire. Thought the Newman deliberate out of bounds decision was terrible when he was kicking long and low into our forward line looking for the Swan there, I think it was Rose and the ball took a bad bounce was a horrible decision if it was based on intent.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Not necessarily the best but very liked somethings from Fisher, Murray, Fox, Maibaum and occasionally Dawson. Mapleson not even close to top 6. Must be the 'Academy pick' vote.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    The commentators had real trouble in recognising which team had the ball. The number of times I heard the Swans had the ball or the Lions had the ball when it was the other way around looked like it was approaching a 50/50 guess. Almost as bad as the umpires trying to bounce the ball in the centre which gave me hope that I could be a NEAFL umpire. Thought the Newman deliberate out of bounds decision was terrible when he was kicking long and low into our forward line looking for the Swan there, I think it was Rose and the ball took a bad bounce was a horrible decision if it was based on intent.
    Yes, I did chuckle when they called one of the toppies, it may have been Brown, Toby Rose. Actually, now that I think of it, it is mildly amusing that our red and whites, have now got a Pink and a Rose. I wonder if there's any draft prospects named Fuschia?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I did chuckle when they called one of the toppies, it may have been Brown, Toby Rose. Actually, now that I think of it, it is mildly amusing that our red and whites, have now got a Pink and a Rose. I wonder if there's any draft prospects named Fuschia?
    Pity we let Jesse White go

Think Murray looks like a real player for us and possible Nick Smith or even a Callum Mills replacement off half back when he moves into the midfield. He reminds me of Rampe with his kicking action, aggression and attacking flair with the ball. We need to give him a go and I reckon he'll flourish with an extended run in senior side!

There is definitely some talent coming through with him, Newman, Dawson, Maibaum, Cameron and a few others. If we continue to lose games in the next few weeks at senior level then we need to give these players an extended run to see what they are made of and if they can play a big part in our next push at a premiership!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Think Murray looks like a real player for us and possible Nick Smith or even a Callum Mills replacement off half back when he moves into the midfield. He reminds me of Rampe with his kicking action, aggression and attacking flair with the ball. We need to give him a go and I reckon he'll flourish with an extended run in senior side!

There is definitely some talent coming through with him, Newman, Dawson, Maibaum, Cameron and a few others. If we continue to lose games in the next few weeks at senior level then we need to give these players an extended run to see what they are made of and if they can play a big part in our next push at a premiership!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I agree Troy. I've been a fan for a while . He has some very desirable traits such as excellent pace, a booming left foot, an ability to handle himself in traffic and the ability to read the play well, not to mention that he has beefed up a bit and is now Rampe size. Above all though he seems to have the hunger to succeed and being young has plenty of potential to develop further.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I have been critical of his two way running in the past
    He goes much better in recent games

Murray was such a raw player when he first arrived I thought there was no chance he would make. It's great what our development staff have done with him. They've harnessed his talent, mainly his speed and long kicking, and brought discipline into his game. Now he's looking like a real possibility.

I can't wait till Ben Ronke's hologram starts playing. He's very quick. Hard to lay a hand on him.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL MVP Votes

Sydney v Brisbane

10: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    6: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
    5: Sam Murray (Sydney)
    4: Ryan Bastinac (Brisbane)
    2: Rohan Bewick (Brisbane)
    2: Colin O�Riordan (Sydney)
    1: Jordan Dawson (Sydney)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Clearances

Sydney 32 Brisbane 40

Dawson 5, Fox 5, Leonardis 4, Foote 3, Jack 3, Brown 3, Fisher 2, MacDonald 2, Gowers 2, Newman 1, O'Riordan 1, Cameron 1

Smith 6, Bastinac 4, Allison 4, Mathieson 4, Clayton 3, Dawson 3, Bell 3, Lyons 2, William 2, McInerney 2, Jansen 2, Walker 1, O'Sullivan 1, Grewar 1, Freeman 1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast