Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Yes, I am hoping that Jones will continue this form.

I like that he is playing well, despite the team being down in form, and I like his attitude. I thought it was a breakout game for him today too.

He and Buddy were the standouts as far as I could see. The back line...oh that back line...they worry me, their decision making is horrendous.. Who is the back line coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    As a fan It feels good to have a win. Can't imagine how the players and coaches are feeling.
    The players were hugging each other with beaming faces as they grouped together to walk back down the race to the change room. Lovely to see, might be only a fellow cellar dweller that we beat but the win was so important for confidence.

And the crowd was so happy - you'd think we had won the premiership we were so excited! I was actually impressed at the size of the crowd given our form this year. We love our Swans!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The players were hugging each other with beaming faces as they grouped together to walk back down the race to the change room. Lovely to see, might be only a fellow cellar dweller that we beat but the win was so important for confidence.

And the crowd was so happy - you'd think we had won the premiership we were so excited! I was actually impressed at the size of the crowd given our form this year. We love our Swans!
    We love them today ... reading many posts on RWO from the last 6 weeks, that love is conditional and somewhat fickle at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Perhaps I should have been clearer, did I mention we have a no dickheads policy here at RWO? Goodbye.
    Boy the vitriol against Jonesy is disgraceful. What he said was wrong, Majak Daw has nothing to do with this, but he wasn't the only offender. Maybe you should also take the same stance against those who accused him of being a racist knob?

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    We love them today ... reading many posts on RWO from the last 6 weeks, that love is conditional and somewhat fickle at times.
    Indeed we are but I do think all most fans ask for is that if lose we go down fighting. Last week that just wasn't the case hence the vitriol and I am also sure that it was amplified by the fact it was the sixth loss on the trot.

If they show that endeavour from today the rest of the year with our leaders showing their, errrm, leadership, then I'll cop that if it means getting games into the kids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We don't know if it was the first time, but why should we insinuate it was? There was good reason based on form why he was dropped from the side earlier. There was never a suggestion in the 4 years that he's been with the club that there was ever a problem with his training standards or professionalism.

I am happy for the club to have strict standards involving training and other professional protocols. Obviously Aliir made of breach of the club's protocols in this area and it was decided that it warranted a one game suspension. Luke Hodge missed a training session and the same thing happened.

There might be more there than meets the eye, or there might not be. If we don't hear anything more than what has already been made public, then why not just accept that he came late to one training session and was punished for his tardiness, and just leave it at that? It's a mistake. Sure. But let's not make more out of it unless more information comes out that there really was more to it than what has become public.
    Surely missing a training run on the eve of a match without permission is a cardinal sin in professional sport

Good to see the camaraderie back, and some happy faces again .
    They have been copping it from everyone .
    Hayward's pretty cool for his age .
    Jones has his confidence back , he's a beauty .
    Would you bring Jack back yet ?

My thoughts without reading the thread and based only on watching 3/4 of the first half and reading the match report on afl.com.au:

* great performance but playing against witches hats. Never mind that the opposition was limited, we really needed a win and the confidence boost. It felt like getting a drink of water after going a long time without.
    * I think Horse's positivity in the post-match is strategic. No way can we afford to be so upbeat about a merely ok performance. What was good was (a) we won; and (b) we played with intensity which has otherwise been lacking. Still not sure it was our best performance of the season - that may have been in our loss to the Dogs R2.
    * Jones was great. So was Buddy! :-) Also liked snippets I saw of Melican, Marsh and Hayward. Barely noticed Macca but at least he played. Not sure he can get all the credit for our maiden victory for the season. Will check the match stats and see how all the players went.

We were cheering Buddy's last goal so much the siren didn't register.
    Jones was fantastic.
    The team played with a lot more cohesion than we've seen this year, there's still a lot of work to be done, but today's effort is one we can build on.

Have a look at the post Buddy has put up on his Instagram account. He doesn't post much and rarely about footy. He too was a happy man today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Surely missing a training run on the eve of a match without permission is a cardinal sin in professional sport
    Surely Not.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Boy the vitriol against Jonesy is disgraceful. What he said was wrong, Majak Daw has nothing to do with this, but he wasn't the only offender. Maybe you should also take the same stance against those who accused him of being a racist knob?
    You have attacked others on this forum for their views plenty of times, so don't even go there.

I have the right to remove those who cause significant disharmony, particularly when they've just joined this forum and cause immediate trouble. Look back on his past posts, this is NOT a knee jerk reaction. Today took it over the line and he was warned first.

Don't test me mate, I'm serious.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Danzar, I support your stance to remove Jonesy94. I agree his comments were well past the pale. What's more I'm sure it was very unpleasant and stressful to have to make the decision to ban/remove somebody. I'm sorry someone had to do it and it was you.

However, don't think S.S. Bleeder's comment is in the same league and there is no occasion to threaten him. Voicing dissent is not the same as offending. Not everyone agreed about Matt80's banning either. That's life. You were in the hot seat to take the tough decision and you did. Well done. Let's leave it there.

Very unfortunate this division has been caused, especially when we should be celebrating our first win in ages.
    Last edited by bloodspirit; 7th May 2017 at 08:49 PM.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast