Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Danzar, support your stance to remove Jonesy94. I agree his comments were well past the pale. What's more I'm sure it was very unpleasant and stressful to have to make the decision to ban/remove somebody. I'm sorry someone had to do it and it was you.

However, don't think S.S. Bleeder's comment is in the same league and there is no occasion to threaten him. Not everyone agreed about Matt80's banning either. That's life. You were in the hot seat to take the tough decision and you did. Well done. Let's leave it there.

Very unfortunate this division has been caused, especially when we should be celebrating our first win in ages.
    Just read over the majority of posts over the past 6 weeks. I think we've been accustomed to complaining about something, anything ... this might be the division we need to get back to enjoying our win today!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    He reminded me of that Melbourne based fan that signs up periodically and gets banned - was it Diego? Needlessly aggressive. Happy with people having different opinions but he was a timebomb imo.

Pretty poor standard of game today but nice to have a win.

More importantly, winning ratio without McVeigh 0%, record with him in the side 100%.

Highest score this year without McVeigh 87, highest with him in 135.

Pretty conclusive ????

Just a shame we're condemned to the scrap heap for 2018 as well now, eh Barry?

Warming the Bench
    It's great to get a win at last. Must be such a relief for the team and coaches.

Did McVeigh get through the game without injury?

Opti-pessi-misti
    I support Danzar 100% - whatever it was that you banned. I don't bother reading the rubbish posts, I just enjoy people's reports and opinions about the game today, especially those who went to the game.

Well done Swannies! A win - what a relief. I'm happy that Macca survived his return and got a few words of commendation from Horse for his contribution - I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet. I am wondering what Reid was doing, hopefully keeping the opposition defenders busy and away from Buddy. Maybe Horse can employ Heeney as tackling coach - there are a few of his teammates who would surely benefit. So good to hear that Harry C, Towers, Sinclair and maybe Marsh stepped up, perhaps taking more responsibility for the outcome of the game. Hopefully Jonesy and Heeney can keep up their good work so that I can start to get over mourning the departure of Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Indeed we are but I do think all most fans ask for is that if lose we go down fighting. Last week that just wasn't the case hence the vitriol and I am also sure that it was amplified by the fact it was the sixth loss on the trot.
    That is all I want to see - I don't mind us losing, but I hate to see it when we do it without passion, without fighting hard and fighting to the bitter end. Last week really was a meek effort, and it was night to see us perk up a lot today.

I don't think today suggested we are going to win a lot of games of footy today, but winning has to start somewhere, and there were some promising signs out there today for us. Poor old Brisbane really are struggling though big time.

I thought that Jones was excellent again today, Heeney is building some nice form, and it was good to see Buddy have a great game today - shame he didn't kick a few of the easier ones he missed, but that would be being greedy. I'm enjoying the work of Melican down back, and I thought Marsh had another good game today - he is improving with experience at AFL level.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I thought Smith played much better today.
    LLoyd played a much more effective role up the ground.
    Melican was good but hopefully he will eliminate the fumbles.
    Even though Naismith didn't have a lot of stats his presence had a positive effect. Seemed to get in the right places a fair bit.
    Jones and Heeney are stars. I doubted Jones's tank but he put that to rest with a polished performance. Heeney just gets better each game. Ready for a blinder.
    Parker found some genuine form, but Kennedy seemed to fumble quite a bit. Mind you, I reckon Kennedy was held at almost every contest.
    Papley was good and improved his error rate. Waiting to see a 4 quarter effort. I reckon he is a midfield chance. He is fast and could combine with Jones through the guts.
    Marsh was one of our best and Towers didn't seem to make an error and worked hard.
    Not sold on Hewett. Again he was scrappy with ball in hand. Didn't give us much again.
    Hope in the match review that they tell Ollie Florent he doesn't have to handball to the captain if he is not in a position to receive, even if has called for it.
    Hanners, what do we do with Hanners. Had some impressive stats but boy did he turn it over by foot many times. Granted he found some form and the footy but surely he needs a lot of practice at hitting a player on the chest. His turnovers are incredibly frustrating to me, so how must the coach feel.
    Sam Reid had a sabbatical.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Papley got a bit of a run through the midfield, he started a few centre bounces in the middle.

We won. I'm content. That's enough for me. Bring on North. I'm a Melbourne based blood, so I'm looking forward to going to the game next Sunday, and hope the mongrel grows from today. As much as today seemed like a training run, it's also a great confidence boost. 8 goals could easily have been 10... 11 for Buddy. And sure, there may have been some skill errors, but at least there was grit. Fight. Mongrel. These are things we lacked. But they were there today, and I believe they showed the spirit that has defined the team for so long now, and this is what they will build on.

I remember someone asking a few weeks ago, who would be the player to lead the way with their play and show some grit to get us going.

That player is Zac Jones. And I'm confident it will have an effect on the team. They will lift, and they will be fine. I don't know what 'fine' is this season, but they showed fight today, and that gives me hope for the future. Short, and longterm.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Boy the vitriol against Jonesy is disgraceful. What he said was wrong, Majak Daw has nothing to do with this, but he wasn't the only offender. Maybe you should also take the same stance against those who accused him of being a racist knob?
    You believe he wasn't?? Wow......
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I don't think S.S. Bleeder's comment is in the same league and there is no occasion to threaten him. Voicing dissent is not the same as offending.
    Defending trolls who want nothing but to agitate is pretty pointless as well. I'm all for 'free speech'.......to a 'reasonable' extent.

Don't let the win mask that McVeigh was very poor again. In the bottom six swans for AF points.

Sam Reid had a sabbatical.

was that from creating space for Buddy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    He reminded me of that Melbourne based fan that signs up periodically and gets banned - was it Diego? Needlessly aggressive. Happy with people having different opinions but he was a timebomb imo.

Pretty poor standard of game today but nice to have a win.

More importantly, winning ratio without McVeigh 0%, record with him in the side 100%.

Highest score this year without McVeigh 87, highest with him in 135.

Pretty conclusive ??

Just a shame we're condemned to the scrap heap for 2018 as well now, eh Barry?
    Um last year we won four matches before Macca came in. Um do you count those?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast