Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Good to see Marsh regain confidence after being miscast as the tall defender vs GWS.

Be interesting to see what charges come out of the numerous skirmishes. Crowd seemed to enjoy a few of them!
    +1 re: Marsh
    Also good to see the players defend one another. After Mills struck his opponent late to a marking contest, Jones I think it was did a very thorough job of standing up for him and a massive brawl ensued. Rather that than what happened last week.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Danzar, I support your stance to remove Jonesy94. I agree his comments were well past the pale. What's more I'm sure it was very unpleasant and stressful to have to make the decision to ban/remove somebody. I'm sorry someone had to do it and it was you.

However, don't think S.S. Bleeder's comment is in the same league and there is no occasion to threaten him. Voicing dissent is not the same as offending. Not everyone agreed about Matt80's banning either. That's life. You were in the hot seat to take the tough decision and you did. Well done. Let's leave it there.

Very unfortunate this division has been caused, especially when we should be celebrating our first win in ages.
    +1

I don't want to be here if I will be threatened if I dare to question a moderator decision.
    Not a good look at all.

Makes RWO seems less like a community and more like a dictatorship.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I only saw most of the second half. Jones and Cunningham in particular had the luxury running large lengths of the paddock, merrily bouncing, with the luxury of time to decide how to deliver the ball forward. Haven't seen much of that at all this year. Probably won't get that indulgence much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Totally with Danzar on this one. Jonesy deserved what he got and I assume Danzar, like me, couldn't believe someone came on to defend him, which is almost as agitating as the original agitator! He was obviously hoping to nip a potentially ugly debate in the bud, so to speak. As I said in an earlier post, I'm all for 'free speech'.......to a 'reasonable' extent.
    Just what I would expect from you Stevo. Where did I defend him? If you can bother to read my post I said he was wrong to make the Daw reference.

My complaint was what was said against him by the other posters which was in breach of the rules of RWO yet nothing was done. The double standards have been an issue on RWO ever since I can remember. I was even warned a few weeks ago for a tongue in cheek comment that a poster didn't know much about football because they said something positive about players that we love to hate all while other posters were saying much much worse.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 8th May 2017 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    +1

I don't want to be here if I will be threatened if I dare to question a moderator decision.
    Not a good look at all.

Why dont we start up a social experiment and have a "No Hold's Barred" thread where we can get involved in some good old fashioned bare knuckled fighting. Any comments politically incorrect or sensitive can get dumped straight into the thread and the protaganists can slug it out there. RWO'ers who are sensitive to that type of discussion can simply avoid the thread. Personally I think it was disgraceful that Matt80 was banned from this forum simply because he was a passionate Swans supporter with a different view.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    I only saw most of the second half. Jones and Cunningham in particular had the luxury running large lengths of the paddock, merrily bouncing, with the luxury of time to decide how to deliver the ball forward. Haven't seen much of that at all this year. Probably won't get that indulgence much anymore.
    Quite. And Cunningham still managed to butcher it!

Still a win's a win! Delighted to see much better games from Sinclair, Towers and Marsh and some real mongrel from the young fellas. Good on 'em. Seems like all our AA midfield stars have struggled at some point this year; Josh K looks like he's playing by memory at the moment. I'm sure he'll come good.

Recent user bans - all RWO members please read this thread

Please take all the non match related comments here......

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Danzar, I support your stance to remove Jonesy94. I agree his comments were well past the pale. What's more I'm sure it was very unpleasant and stressful to have to make the decision to ban/remove somebody. I'm sorry someone had to do it and it was you.

However, don't think S.S. Bleeder's comment is in the same league and there is no occasion to threaten him. Voicing dissent is not the same as offending. Not everyone agreed about Matt80's banning either. That's life. You were in the hot seat to take the tough decision and you did. Well done. Let's leave it there.

Very unfortunate this division has been caused, especially when we should be celebrating our first win in ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    +1

Not a good look at all.

First of all, this is not a moderator decision. You should know that I do not get involved in a lot of the discussion that occurs on here; for now I own RWO and do my thing behind the scenes so that you guys have a space to talk about whatever you choose. BUT, there is a red line, and I am responsible for ensuring it is not crossed. It was crossed. What has subsequently occurred is one RWO member has decided to oppose this decision and I have called out that poster. I'm sorry to ruin your party, but these matters need to be called out. Accept the decision for what it is and respect my right to maintain fair community standards on this forum.

If you doubt my good intention, read this: Recent user bans - all RWO members please read this thread
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    Why dont we start up a social experiment and have a "No Hold's Barred" thread where we can get involved in some good old fashioned bare knuckled fighting. Any comments politically incorrect or sensitive can get dumped straight into the thread and the protaganists can slug it out there. RWO'ers who are sensitive to that type of discussion can simply avoid the thread. Personally I think it was disgraceful that Matt80 was banned from this forum simply because he was a passionate Swans supporter with a different view.
    There is such a forum, it's been there the whole time and it's called The Sandpit. You'll find some interesting threads over there, take a look.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Rotating everyone thru the middle was awesome
    Papley didnt trouble the scorers much but his work up the ground was very good
    Harry C good too
    Best ive seen Marsh play AA might have picked the wrong week to sleep in
    Can see Floreant Sinclair (played well)
    Towers out for Tippo Rohan Jack

Warming the Bench
    Yeah will be interesting to see what happens with Aliir. Can't be in the seniors next week as he didn't play this week in either seniors or reserves. Probably a couple more weeks in the Neafl to work his way back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    There is such a forum, it's been there the whole time and it's called The Sandpit. You'll find some interesting threads over there, take a look.
    Will do. Thanks.