Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    First of all, this is not a moderator decision. You should know that I do not get involved in a lot of the discussion that occurs on here; for now I own RWO and do my thing behind the scenes so that you guys have a space to talk about whatever you choose. BUT, there is a red line, and I am responsible for ensuring it is not crossed. It was crossed. What has subsequently occurred is one RWO member has decided to oppose this decision and I have called out that poster. I'm sorry to ruin your party, but these matters need to be called out. Accept the decision for what it is and respect my right to maintain fair community standards on this forum.

If you doubt my good intention, read this: Recent user bans - all RWO members please read this thread
    With respect Danzar, I don't see how S.S. Bleeder contravened the rules in the 'Recent user bans' thread. You there write "I don't want you to think that you cannot challenge another member's position, in fact, I encourage it. Just do it with respect, no matter how strong your feelings." In your sign off you write, "If history is written by the victors, as some people say, then I believe we should question everything." Now you are saying S.S. Bleeder questioning your decision is "opposition" to be "called out" even though his protest didn't interfere with the outcome and, at least to me, it didn't seem particularly disrespectful except to the extent that it expressed a different point of view. I think his protest is in line with the policy you have indicated we should follow and that's why I expressed my concern when you called him out.

Also, I am unclear what it means when you write "this is not a moderator decision. You should know that I do not get involved in a lot of the discussion that occurs on here; for now I own RWO". What does this mean? Does it mean:

(a) you own this website; and
    (b) you generally leave the moderating to the other users with "site admin" on their profile (like liz, Meg, ugg, ScottH) but occasionally step in and have final say about what goes and what doesn't when you feel it necessary?

It is helpful to understand how this site is governed to understand how I can and should post here. Assuming what I have understood is correct, I didn't know it until now. I didn't realise this was a privately owned website and that you were the owner. I take this moment to express my appreciation to you for creating this space. I certainly enjoy coming here to read, post and share thoughts about the Swans etc. It also explains why you are calling the shots.

Senior Player
    Probably shouldn't get too excited because it was "only" Brisbane, but then we have lost to Carlton & Collingwood who probably
    aren't much better. Anyway, we can only play the team that was out there. Obviously highlight was the Buddy Show, and Zac Jones
    who plays like a young kid who doesn't want to let go of the ball. Fortunately no one can catch him at the moment. I can see him
    doing a Chris Yarran one day and scoring a seven bounce running goal from full back. Melican looks like a real footballer and good
    to see Marsh do well. Disappointing crowd of 25K on a perfect day for footy. It was down 9K on the crowd in the GWS game, and
    the Giants don't have 9,000 fans who would show up to the SCG, so we can't blame them.

I appreciate all efforts Danzar
    I am 100% certain everyone is clear when they cross the line in a forum or in public
    Just much easier on a forum

Can we all take a breath

Respect that someone has to moderate and draw a line in the sand and lastly appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes by the likes of Danzar

Danzar or other moderators maybe wrong or right in your opinion

It doesn't matter to me

What does matter is that we can respectfully share and connect re the swans and we get to do this due to the generous amount of time, tolerance and effort by Danzar and the crew

Yep, I concur, thanks for all the time and effort here gang.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Cannot see how you can drop at of those three, all played well. Maybe its time for Tippo to have a spell in the NEAFL. Aliir Alir chose the wrong week for his misdemeanor (hope its a one off) he will have to also spend more time in the seconds.

I'm a McVeigh skeptic but Zak Jones had this to say about him:

"When 'Macca' (Jarrad McVeigh) comes back he gives us clear, positive feedback, and he keeps everyone level headed, it's a massive bonus," he said.

"That's what comes from the leaders, they lead, and we just jump on board.

"It helps us and gives us the confidence to talk and give direction, and I think everyone in the club needs to lead for the team to be successful."

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'm a McVeigh skeptic but Zak Jones had this to say about him:

"When 'Macca' (Jarrad McVeigh) comes back he gives us clear, positive feedback, and he keeps everyone level headed, it's a massive bonus," he said.

"That's what comes from the leaders, they lead, and we just jump on board.

"It helps us and gives us the confidence to talk and give direction, and I think everyone in the club needs to lead for the team to be successful."
    From where I was sitting, up on the O'Reilly wing, McVeigh was terrific. He sat back in that space half a kick behind the ruck and directed the traffic, and was able to hit in when needed. I think that there has been plenty of hand-waving and pointing in the back half going on all season: too much in fact. This week, McVeigh's authority shone through, and he made everyone look better (apart from those moments when they didn't). He called for the switches, which reduced the amount of guesswork going on coming out of deep defence, and that opened it up for Zac's run and carry through the corridor from deep in defence. That freed Mills up from the organiser role he'd taken on, and he was able to sit further back as the extra man (at least until the end of the second quarter when they went man on man). For the first time this season they managed to hold the ball in the forward 50 and effectively set up the defensive wall across half forward. And McVeigh's first kick to a leading Buddy was an absolute bullet. First man selected next week.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    From where I was sitting, up on the O'Reilly wing, McVeigh was terrific. He sat back in that space half a kick behind the ruck and directed the traffic, and was able to hit in when needed. ......

This week, McVeigh's authority shone through, and he made everyone look better (apart from those moments when they didn't). He called for the switches, which reduced the amount of guesswork going on coming out of deep defence, and that opened it up for Zac's run and carry through the corridor from deep in defence. ......

First man selected next week.
    Thanks O'R Boy. My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    From where I was sitting, up on the O'Reilly wing, McVeigh was terrific. He sat back in that space half a kick behind the ruck and directed the traffic, and was able to hit in when needed. I think that there has been plenty of hand-waving and pointing in the back half going on all season: too much in fact. This week, McVeigh's authority shone through, and he made everyone look better (apart from those moments when they didn't). He called for the switches, which reduced the amount of guesswork going on coming out of deep defence, and that opened it up for Zac's run and carry through the corridor from deep in defence. That freed Mills up from the organiser role he'd taken on, and he was able to sit further back as the extra man (at least until the end of the second quarter when they went man on man). For the first time this season they managed to hold the ball in the forward 50 and effectively set up the defensive wall across half forward. And McVeigh's first kick to a leading Buddy was an absolute bullet. First man selected next week.
    Agree. From the first couple of minutes, his presence was positive. He definitely brings a calm and confidence across the back half which brings out the best of the players. A real leader. Apart from that, his own game was terrific and disposals spot on. Bring on Norf !

Warming the Bench
    I was surprised that Jones' 27 disposals was a career high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    With respect Danzar, I don't see how S.S. Bleeder contravened the rules in the 'Recent user bans' thread. You there write "I don't want you to think that you cannot challenge another member's position, in fact, I encourage it. Just do it with respect, no matter how strong your feelings." In your sign off you write, "If history is written by the victors, as some people say, then I believe we should question everything." Now you are saying S.S. Bleeder questioning your decision is "opposition" to be "called out" even though his protest didn't interfere with the outcome and, at least to me, it didn't seem particularly disrespectful except to the extent that it expressed a different point of view. I think his protest is in line with the policy you have indicated we should follow and that's why I expressed my concern when you called him out.

Also, I am unclear what it means when you write "this is not a moderator decision. You should know that I do not get involved in a lot of the discussion that occurs on here; for now I own RWO". What does this mean? Does it mean:

(a) you own this website; and
    (b) you generally leave the moderating to the other users with "site admin" on their profile (like liz, Meg, ugg, ScottH) but occasionally step in and have final say about what goes and what doesn't when you feel it necessary?

It is helpful to understand how this site is governed to understand how I can and should post here. Assuming what I have understood is correct, I didn't know it until now. I didn't realise this was a privately owned website and that you were the owner. I take this moment to express my appreciation to you for creating this space. I certainly enjoy coming here to read, post and share thoughts about the Swans etc. It also explains why you are calling the shots.
    The lines blurred when an RWO member told another to "suck his dick" or such and it was not moderated.
    Then (in the post) I questioned why it wasn't and received no reply.
    Sadly the only reason the word dick is allowed is because of a non existent no dickheads policy that some think the Swans have.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If I recall correctly, the poster apologised, having assumed the filter would pick it up. Perhaps we need a no @@@@heads policy?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)