Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    If I recall correctly, the poster apologised, having assumed the filter would pick it up. Perhaps we need a no @@@@heads policy?
    Flatheads? Boofheads?
    Actually, now that I've typed that, boofhead is a word that I've always liked, but you rarely hear it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Flatheads? Boofheads?
    Actually, now that I've typed that, boofhead is a word that I've always liked, but you rarely hear it these days.
    It's a good word, but now used almost exclusively to describe Eddie McGuire. I think he's due for another boofhead remark.

Just a reminder:

Eddie McGuire labelled 'boofhead' by NSW Upper House for Adam Goodes remarks - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's a good word, but now used almost exclusively to describe Eddie McGuire. I think he's due for another boofhead remark.

Just a reminder:

Eddie McGuire labelled 'boofhead' by NSW Upper House for Adam Goodes remarks - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Yes, he probably deserves a picture in the dictionary. And come to think of it, his head is also flatter than most.

Just a reminder:

I think Boofhead is letting him off the hook.

We don't know if it was the first time, but why should we insinuate it was? There was good reason based on form why he was dropped from the side earlier. There was never a suggestion in the 4 years that he's been with the club that there was ever a problem with his training standards or professionalism.

I am happy for the club to have strict standards involving training and other professional protocols. Obviously Aliir made of breach of the club's protocols in this area and it was decided that it warranted a one game suspension. Luke Hodge missed a training session and the same thing happened.

There might be more there than meets the eye, or there might not be. If we don't hear anything more than what has already been made public, then why not just accept that he came late to one training session and was punished for his tardiness, and just leave it at that? It's a mistake. Sure. But let's not make more out of it unless more information comes out that there really was more to it than what has become public.
    Looks like you were right there oh wise one.

AA was late to the session, not absent as was implied in the reporting. Could be any number of reasons for that and from what Horse said it seems more in the careless category but glad we are maintaining standards

And more pleasing Horse makes it quite clear that there have been no other issues so this seems like a one-off minor offence from which he will learn.

Dunno were he lives, but one minor head to tail on Sydney roads can derail your ETA by a fair margin .
    If he'd never transgressed prior, just would cautioned him .
    Hope he gets another go sooner than later TBH.

Senior Player
    Well actually DJ44, I was just reading a story on the main SMH site wherein Derryn Hinch recently called Mark Latham a "boofhead".
    I'll just let that one hang in the air....

wh
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Flatheads? Boofheads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Dunno were he lives, but one minor head to tail on Sydney roads can derail your ETA by a fair margin .
    If he'd never transgressed prior, just would cautioned him .
    Hope he gets another go sooner than later TBH.
    Apparently lives with Harry Marsh so he should have got a lift with him. Quite ironic isn't it.

Veterans List
    Both Buddy and Mills have been cleared ????. I'm surprised there weren't some fines handed out for the various scuffles.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Well actually DJ44, I was just reading a story on the main SMH site wherein Derryn Hinch recently called Mark Latham a "boofhead".
    I'll just let that one hang in the air....

wh
    And of course, Latham's head is also a bit flatter than most. Actually, you could probably also describe both him and McGuire as boxheads.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    The lines blurred when an RWO member told another to "suck his dick" or such and it was not moderated.
    Then (in the post) I questioned why it wasn't and received no reply.
    Sadly the only reason the word dick is allowed is because of a non existent no dickheads policy that some think the Swans have.
    Well it was lucky Matthew Dick never made it after we drafted him, we could never have comment on him

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'm a McVeigh skeptic but Zak Jones had this to say about him:

"When 'Macca' (Jarrad McVeigh) comes back he gives us clear, positive feedback, and he keeps everyone level headed, it's a massive bonus," he said.

"That's what comes from the leaders, they lead, and we just jump on board.

"It helps us and gives us the confidence to talk and give direction, and I think everyone in the club needs to lead for the team to be successful."
    I am really glad o hear that, I really thought our backline looked disorganized the first sis weeks, but we much better on Sunday, especially the first half and will improve once Rampe returns. Second half of the game they were average, but saying that they also looked tired, so I am thinking they had some pretty hard training sessions last week. Also another pleasing thing is that we did not have any bad players.