Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Amalgamation with GCS. I believe it's going to happen sooner or later.
    I agree that seems logical (although not sure it would completely solve the problem). But then there would be an incentive to even up the number of teams again. So where do you think the new team would come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree that seems logical (although not sure it would completely solve the problem). But then there would be an incentive to even up the number of teams again. So where do you think the new team would come from?
    Well that's easy. Merg The Swans with the Giants. Call them the Sydney Swans. Have them wear red and white. Let this new team pick the top 20 players from the GWS list & play the home games st the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Well that's easy. Merg The Swans with the Giants. Call them the Sydney Swans. Have them wear red and white. Let this new team pick the top 20 players from the GWS list & play the home games st the SCG
    Teehee! But does that mean we would have to have Toby Greene??

Veteran Site Admin
    I might have to start following Collingwood...

Tassie

The Gold Coast Suns and Port Power will be detained in China and not permitted to return to Australia. Brisbane franchise relocated to Adelaide and renamed the Powerful Lion-Bears. Problem solved.

Hmmm. Good question. A few years ago I would have said merge kangaroos and bulldogs and have a 16 team competition. That's not going to happen now after the Bulldogs success. Commercially there would be no appetite for a bye or 16 teams. So a new team in Tassie would be the only option I suppose. But too much involved for this game day thread.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Absolutely agree! Banning Matt80 was a disgrace.
    Don't have an issue with the treatment of Jonesy (?) in this thread but I also think the banning of Matt80 was pretty harsh

Senior Player
    Yep, and he'd win the B & F in his first year, kick 60 goals and be an All Australian again.....and we'd love him for it....

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Gold Coast Suns and Port Power will be detained in China and not permitted to return to Australia. Brisbane franchise relocated to Adelaide and renamed the Powerful Lion-Bears. Problem solved.
    A very cunning plan by AFL HQ. This is Gill at his best. Plays the long game. Its about time the AFL had a win against bloody foreigners.

At the airport:
    Gill: Best of luck on the trip boys, here is a little parting gift as ambassadors of good will.
    Players: Cool!, a new boogie board.
    Gill: Now dont take them out of the bags until you get there, you dont want to lose the tie rope.
    Gary Ablett: But I hate the surf.
    Gill: Jesus Gary, you're an ungrateful little @@@@. Take it.

Never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    A very cunning plan by AFL HQ. This is Gill at his best. Plays the long game. Its about time the AFL had a win against bloody foreigners.

At the airport:
    Gill: Best of luck on the trip boys, here is a little parting gift as ambassadors of good will.
    Players: Cool!, a new boogie board.
    Gill: Now dont take them out of the bags until you get there, you dont want to lose the tie rope.
    Gary Ablett: But I hate the surf.
    Gill: Jesus Gary, you're an ungrateful little @@@@. Take it.

Never to be seen again.
    Surely the players would also need some good headphones to take along as well for the trip....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Surely the players would also need some good headphones to take along as well for the trip....
    Damn! You beat me to my reply.