Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Senior Player
    I posted in the Ressies thread that I think Melican is going to be a key to our backline for many years - he impressed again today. McVeigh pretty good considering the time out. Hanners was Ok - if he is injured he is doing very well regardless. Kennedy was a bit down but deserves a crap load of credits.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Well picked mate.
    Thanks! I can't say I picked that through detailed analysis but I did sit on the conservative side of ten goals

Good to get a win, I still think we have a bit of work to do.

Zak, Buddy and Reg were superb.

EDIT: Reg
    Last edited by Danzar; 7th May 2017 at 06:12 PM.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C;724351

[B
    I'm getting annoyed at the number of holding the man decisions after the player just drops the ball.[/B] Cost us 3 times today.
    The interpretation of this rule seems to depend on whose playing. It's judged differently in just about every game and almost always poorly where the Swans are concerned.

Veterans List

Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Post to which responding removed.
    Last edited by Meg; 7th May 2017 at 06:49 PM.

Just got back from the SCG.

Buddy was wonderful, and I'm firmly in the Jones fan club, he has been playing well and was even better today.

I would also like to thank the ladies at the canteen who said they were praying for victory today. I don't know which deity they prayed to, but I thank him/her/it/them/whatever too...

Overall we needed the prayers, because from what I saw today, these wins are going to be few. The Swans have lots of work to do. We were lucky the Lions are just worse than we are.

I think the AA decision was simple
    No one in ressies was going to miss a game due to AAs laziness !!!!

Hence him missing on playing in any team full stop

I'm sorry but I'm finding some of the speculation about AA to be borderline slanderous and frankly distasteful and offensive.

Mods?

Agree and have deleted the relevant posts.
    Last edited by Meg; 7th May 2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm finding some of the speculation about AA to be borderline slanderous and frankly distasteful and offensive.

Mods?
    Time those posts were deleted.

I agree and have edited.
    Last edited by Meg; 7th May 2017 at 06:53 PM.

I thought we pkayed well today. Particularly when the game was to be won in the 1st half. Our intensity and stack on the contest was a marked improvement on previous weeks. My top 5 were Jones, Franklin, Heeney, Hannebery and Parker. Papley provived a physical presence in the 1st half alla Benny McGlynnand contributed to a couple of goals. Melican was steady down back and McVeigh provided direction and quality disposal. Particular mention to Towers. He provided a contest and I was very impressed with a number of 2nd efforts. 10 of his 20 disposals were contested contedt and topped it off with a goal. We slackened off a bit in the 2nd half but i am so pleased with the win.

I knew there were a lot of negative people on this site, but i cant believe how little interest there is in congratulating our team for a win. When we lose everyone us lining up to bag them. During the game this week there were approx 40odd posts. Last when we were losing there were 170odd. Get behind your team instead of dragging them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Thanks! I can't say I picked that through detailed analysis but I did sit on the conservative side of ten goals

Good to get a win, I still think we have a bit of work to do.

Zak, Buddy and Reg were superb.

EDIT: Reg
    Yes, but the exact margin of 54 points was a truly impressive bit of arse.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Longmire confirms that Aliir's tardiness was a one-off. When asked for the reason for Aliir's late arrival he said it didn't matter, he was late

Naismith and McVeigh spent most of the last quarter on the bench. I'm hoping it was just precautionary related to their long layoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The interpretation of this rule seems to depend on whose playing. It's judged differently in just about every game and almost always poorly where the Swans are concerned.
    Yes, it's probably always been my least favourite free. Especially when the tackled player just drops or throws the ball, and then we get pinged for going on with the tackle, when obviously, the illegal disposal came first.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast