Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF?

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar

Question WTF?

OK, so despite the current membership card hanging in my study, I've been out of the loop for the season so far, for various reasons.

Can anyone summarise for me WTF is going on with our team? I've noticed the losing bit. But why is it happening?

Workrate, form and game plan. We look slow and old and have no clear structure. Nobody seems prepared to work to help somebody. A few 1%ers would be nice to see.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Definitely work rate. Toss in some key injuries too..we were heavily exposed yesterday in the ruck.

Natural evolution of the draft system...
    You just can't stay at or near the top for a prolonged period now..

I think there are some serious problems at the club because there does not appear to be any enthusiasm, teamwork, being prepared to work your guts out etc etc.

Plus the coaching staff don't have any answers to what the problem is. If they did then hopefully changes would be made to fix the problems. You cannot blame injuries on what we have been dishing up since game 1.

Our game plan is now obsolete and we are being left behind the fast running, attacking teams.

Our key players look worn out, defeated both mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Natural evolution of the draft system...
    You just can't stay at or near the top for a prolonged period now..
    Even so, this is an unprecedented drop off in form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Definitely work rate. Toss in some key injuries too..we were heavily exposed yesterday in the ruck.
    I agree, but there have been some very puzzling selection decisions. We lose a ruck for the Carlton game, and what - we bring in 2 small forwards. Plus we try and play Buddy as a midfielder ????

We have a handful of All Australians, one of the best forwards ever to play, a couple of rising stars and a few first round draft pics. We also have a complete lack of effort and desire and a game plan that resembles a low grade U/10 team. There really is no excuse for being so bad.

It is easy to blame the draft, lack of cola, players worn out from being at the top too long and trade bans and they have probably had some effect, but personally I think there is something rotten internally we don't really know about.

Imagine you recruit players and develop them to play a certain way. Its working and you make 2 GF using that game plan and philosophy. Every new swans player apparently is schooled on how the swans play, the bloods code, hard and accountable footy.

Then suddenly the rules are changed and tweeked overnight and you are left with the wrong players who have been indoctrinated to play a certain style that has proven to be successful, well almost but we did make 2 GFs. Then you have to play a new way and adapt quickly. If you are a senior player whos deficiencies were covered up (pace is something our mids never had but we covered that in the way we tackled hard around the ball) with a game plan but now all of a sudden they are exposed, it must be deflating.

It feels like we have a team of heavy v8 super cars with lotsa grunt but now are forced to race against light weight turbo cars and we simply cannot compete.

Even the pacey players we have brought in show the same skills like the rest of the team and play a certain way.

Longmuire needs to spend the rest of the season figuring out a new game plan, start by using Heeney and Mills as a base. Sadly that means it could be the end of some of our more loved players, like Parker. Though I think Parker could easily slot as a full time defensive forward.

On the veteran's list
    I am sick to death of people talking about internal division when there is absolutely nothing to point to this except a team totally devoid of confidence and stability of personal. In 6 games we have played 34 players and that's without McVeigh and Johnson who are automatic ins when fit. Try and get system with that many changes

Injuries

Injuries were an acceptable excuse until yesterday
    the coaches box we have no plan B
    it is always other sides figuring out how to play against us
    when have we ever played a game with this coach and countered what the other team is trying to do
    he simply has 1 way to play if that doesn't work we are screwed

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast