Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R8 v North

Warming the Bench
    Would like to see Newman in and stay in for a while. Maybe florent out and some rejigging of players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Would like to see Newman in and stay in for a while. Maybe florent out and some rejigging of players
    Newman for Florent. That's the way I'd be going as of now. I would also consider resting Hayward at some point. Not sure if this should be the week. We could bring in Rohan if we do.

It's hard to drop either Towers of Sinclair after they both had solid games. With Waite looking likely to get suspended, their is less urgency to bring in Aliir as Marsh can take Mason Wood. NM likely to bring either Daw or Durdin in place of Waite, but even playing 2 big ruckmen is a possibility.

I would like to see Aliir come into the side without dropping Marsh, just to see how it works before Rampe comes back, which is going to cause a few selection headaches. With Harry C coming into the best form of his career, he will be hard to drop as well. What will we do in the unlikely event that both Towers and Sinclair turn the corner and become reliable players?

The tv broadcast showed Ben Ronke in the stands with some other players, so he's still alive, unless it was just his hologram.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Streamed the reserves and they look really good against an undefeated Brisbane; would like to give a few of them a go!

Smith has to go; a small defender has to be quick, and he is not. 'Retire' end of year

Florent should stay in the seconds; has show glimpses of real talent but now need to hone that in the twos

Tippo should also stay in twos; Sinclair has show more guts, running and effort than Tippo ever will. Trade end of year.

Sam Reid has done what he does ever year; never take a game by the scrap of the neck and dominate; trade end of year.

Will Hayward; really like him, but the punishment of AFL is grinding him down; need a rest before the bye.

Naismith got massacre by Martin, and didn't offer much around the ground, only nine disposals; give Cameron a go, what do we have lose, even against Goldsmith?

AA can stay suspended in the twos; really! If you can't be bothered to turn up to a training session when the team on the bottom of the ladder, you need the punishment underline and in bold.

Who do we bring in; Newman of course; Dawson, Cameron, Maibaum, Leonardis and Talia (he can play so let start using him).

This season is written off in terms of final (true reality check here people), so let start playing the great talent we have!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I thought Mills' hit looked a lot like Greene's. Only the level of force must have been significantly less because his opponent didn't have to leave the field for treatment. Hopefully this will save him and the 50m penalty will suffice
    Greene's hit was quite deliberate as he attempted to spoil with his right then followed up with a premeditated punch to the mouth. Mills was an admittedly late and clumsy spoil.

If Greene's hit was an accident he's been harshly treated, but I don't think it was. it was assesesed as "intentional" by the MRP
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 8th May 2017 at 04:30 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Mills and Buddy cleared by MRP

Trade Reid?

Sure, it'll be easy to find a tall player with that mobility and ability to play forward, back and wing to replace Reid.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Streamed the reserves and they look really good against an undefeated Brisbane; would like to give a few of them a go!

Smith has to go; a small defender has to be quick, and he is not. 'Retire' end of year

Florent should stay in the seconds; has show glimpses of real talent but now need to hone that in the twos

Tippo should also stay in twos; Sinclair has show more guts, running and effort than Tippo ever will. Trade end of year.

Sam Reid has done what he does ever year; never take a game by the scrap of the neck and dominate; trade end of year.

Will Hayward; really like him, but the punishment of AFL is grinding him down; need a rest before the bye.

Naismith got massacre by Martin, and didn't offer much around the ground, only nine disposals; give Cameron a go, what do we have lose, even against Goldsmith?

AA can stay suspended in the twos; really! If you can't be bothered to turn up to a training session when the team on the bottom of the ladder, you need the punishment underline and in bold.

Who do we bring in; Newman of course; Dawson, Cameron, Maibaum, Leonardis and Talia (he can play so let start using him).

This season is written off in terms of final (true reality check here people), so let start playing the great talent we have!
    Smith's never had blistering pace throughout his whole career and he's done alright for himself. No need to send him to the glue factory just yet.

Florent was rewarded for a solid NEAFL game and while I wouldn't be against him flitting between the seniors and reserves I don't think he deserves to be banished to the NEAFL for the rest of the year.

Tippett at full fitness is a vastly superior player than Sinclair will ever be. I can't believe how so many have so short memories of his performances in the ruck at the beginning of last year.

He had a very quiet game yesterday but if you look closely at the replay, he was playing very much the decoy role to draw his man away from Buddy and leave Franklin basically one out against McStay. Last game he took by the scruff of the neck? Try Round 2.

Swans are managing Hayward very well at the moment, his TOG% his relatively low and when he does come on he has applied both scoreboard and defensive pressure. I agree that eventually he will need a rest but I don't see any obvious physical signs that he's lagging as a result of playing every week so far.

Martin is one of the better ruckmen in the AFL around the ground. It was Naismith's first game back, he was on managed time and I think he acquitted himself alright. Having seen Cameron in more than a few NEAFL games I'm not sure his tapwork is his strongest asset - I feel at this stage he is better as a forward/ruckman than a pure ruck.

Aliir picked a bad time to be dropped, Melican is playing really well and Rampe is due back soon. Barring injuries I think he could be set for a long spell in the NEAFL.

IMO Leonardis is some way off from playing senior AFL football.

If marsh took on smooch role yes
    Not Newman as his kicking is his no1 asset

BUT smooch is still a very smart defender and a class above

Ain't gunna happen yet

Smooch stays

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Greene's hit was quite deliberate as he attempted to spoil with his right then followed up with a premeditated punch to the mouth. Mills was an admittedly late and clumsy spoil.

If Greene's hit was an accident he's been harshly treated, but I don't think it was. it was assesesed as "intentional" by the MRP
    Good point Markwebbos! The acts were objectively similar (blow to the face of opponent immediately after marking the ball) but Greene did act intentionally and Mills was "late and clumsy" (at least if we're being generous) and this is a big, important difference I totally glossed over.

Good news for Mills and Buddy.

Great post ugg!

Your post got a laugh out of me, controlink! Good one.

People calling for Smith sacking or retirement are crazy. He is was AA only3 years ago and is only 28. He's got a few more years in him yet. If not with us then someone else. He is a proven small defender and has managed to stop some of the best small forwards in the game i.e Rioli, Betts, SJ, etc. Tell me any suggested replacements who has a proven record against top quality small forwards. Newman put his name up for re-selection again after a good game in the reserves, but he is more of a half back or midfield type. I actually worry about our small defender stocks in the club. And i mean a true small defender. They are not easy to find our manufacture.

Whilst we have some quality players in the reserves, I'm not seeing the superstars that some others are.

FWIW I would love to see no changes. The new guys who came in all played their roles well. Winners are grinners.

However, in reality Tippett and Rohan are best 22. But should only come back in if 100% fit. They are both the type of players that need to start stringing some games together to build up some match fitness and form. So if fit
    In: Tippett, Rohan
    Out: Naismith, Florent. Both unlucky but go back to reseves and keep playing well and be ready when opportunity presents itself again. Same for Newman.

Our backline still leaked a lot of goals for the relatively small number of inside 50's our midfield gave up. Expect some changes back there.
    I dont know how long we can carry McVeigh's "leadership" which doesnt translate into stats.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast