Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
Your team still has good players that can play or have played at good level over the years. Yes as you said that they don't train at times so they don't get picked in higher grades. Other clubs in that grade have players that never played AFL - just mates having a kick (Div4/Div5) so that is why the structure of divisions is so out of wack.
Definitely. We have 4 or 5 brand new guys but more than half the team did a preseason expecting to play div 1. Throw in a few who dont train who have played prems and probably would be elsewhere its a very handy team.

When i started the side last year i was hitting up mates who havent played before and we got a couple of hidings. The standard isnt as bad as many thought. Ive had a few div 1 guys say stuff like "if i have to play div 4 id think about retiring" but then have a kick, realise its still an alright standard. We had a swans academy kid play last year and thought he was going to kick 10. He touched the ball once in the first half before i dragged him.

Its a decent standard, we just have benefitted from having a second 19s with all those kids aging out hanging around and expecting to play div 1 but we habe too many numbers.

I dont want to sit here and sound like im bragging and putting @@@@ on other clubs (like i normally do), we just have good numbers this year and are 5-0 in div 1 and div 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
9.30am I think should be the start of the day for Games. Give teams from across town time (Egs: Liverpool to Manly 9.30 start - arrive 8.30 - leave home 7am ??) Not 8am start leave home 5.30am - Why GO
Hard though, if we have all 5 at home we are lucky we can play under lights. Penno have a second ground. If we ever get a 4th senior side and a womens we will prob have to get olds 2 up to a decent standard. Because you cant play 6 or 7 games at home in a day on one field. Or just never have all teams at home which ruins that whole club feel people want to bring back with the seniors/reserves/19s structure.