Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 6 - May 13-14

Almost Football Legend

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants View Post
    Fair point. Magics team last year if i remember correctly came from Penrith didnt it and i think as you pointed out earlierdidnt they nominate for a 1s and 2s in 2017?
    Largely yes and I believe yes.

It's hard to have any sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    Largely yes and I believe yes.

It's hard to have any sympathy for them.
    Not quite correct.

There were 9 players who played at the Penrith Rams the previous year and out of those there were 7 who had played junior footy together in the Blue Mountains and some since Auskick. Of those 7 there were 4 who were going to just walk away from AFL as they didn't enjoy their introduction to senior footy, well those 4 found a new club (and a new found enthusiasm for their footy). The other 3 from the mountains decided they wanted to play with their mates and moved on. Then the last 2 joined (totallying 9) and they were ex St Clair Crows juniors, traditionally St Clair junior boys would go to EC.

After that and with social networking, players were asking these 9 where they were playing and it went from there.

Not sure why Penrith have options on the Blue Mountains boys? In the old "feeder club" days, the Mountains boys were directed to Penrith or Campbelltown.
    Last edited by ComeSeptember; 23rd May 2017 at 09:54 PM.

Any forfeits this week? Hard to imagine a week these days without a team forfeiting.

Almost Football Legend
    It's only Tuesday. If anyone's forfeiting already it's all over for them......

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by ComeSeptember View Post
    Not quite correct.

There were 9 players who played at the Penrith Rams the previous year and out of those there were 7 who had played junior footy together in the Blue Mountains and some since Auskick. Of those 7 there were 4 who were going to just walk away from AFL as they didn't enjoy their introduction to senior footy, well those 4 found a new club (and a new found enthusiasm for their footy). The other 3 from the mountains decided they wanted to play with their mates and moved on. Then the last 2 joined (totallying 9) and they were ex St Clair Crows juniors, traditionally St Clair junior boys would go to EC.

After that and with social networking, players were asking these 9 where they were playing and it went from there.

Not sure why Penrith have options on the Blue Mountains boys? In the old "feeder club" days, the Mountains boys were directed to Penrith or Campbelltown.
    The real truth is that the coach advised the players that Penrith were not intending to field a 19's team in 2016 which was just an outright lie, and engineered in October the previous year. Appears that many of these kids have lost their "enthusiasm" for the game after a year.

Penrith are now the only "stand-alone" 19's club in Western Sydney if rumours are correct. I notice that the Blacktown Magic v Penno D1 19's match this weekend has now been adjusted into a "bye" for Penno

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    The real truth is that the coach advised the players that Penrith were not intending to field a 19's team in 2016 which was just an outright lie, and engineered in October the previous year. Appears that many of these kids have lost their "enthusiasm" for the game after a year.

Penrith are now the only "stand-alone" 19's club in Western Sydney if rumours are correct. I notice that the Blacktown Magic v Penno D1 19's match this weekend has now been adjusted into a "bye" for Penno
    Same bloke that applied for the Senior role at Bensons with the promise that he'd drag his whole 19s list up Castlereagh Rd. He was told not to bother....we hate Penrith but not that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Same bloke that applied for the Senior role at Bensons with the promise that he'd drag his whole 19s list up Castlereagh Rd. He was told not to bother....we hate Penrith but not that much!
    Approached Parra as well, but not happy with an "assistant" role.

Anyone shed any light on some shenanigans from the Div 1 Game at Fairfax from this round? From what I hear there was some interesting going's on

filling up the bottles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    Anyone shed any light on some shenanigans from the Div 1 Game at Fairfax from this round? From what I hear there was some interesting going's on
    Didn't hear what happened??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by water boy View Post
    Didn't hear what happened??

Got it second hand so would be better if someone who was there gave out the details

filling up the bottles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    Got it second hand so would be better if someone who was there gave out the details
    Do tell

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast