Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: Canberra Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Manuka Oval

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ?FT Swans 25.15 (165) Demons 6.8 (44) Tippett 4 Rohan 4 Robinson 3 Wicks 2 Carr 2 Rose 2 Dawson 2 Osborne Skrivanic Talia Murray Jack Foote?

?Disp Dawson 37 Robinson 26 Fisher 25 Jack 24 Murray Tippett 22 Laidler Aliir 21 Rohan 19 Rose 16 Fox Foote 15 Wicks Talia Cameron 14? Leonardis Pink Skrivanic 13 Carr 9 Osborne 6 Maibaum O'Riordan 4

?Tackles Dawson 8 Fisher Wicks 6 Rose 5 Foote Robinson 4 Aliir Tippett Rohan Skrivanic Pink 3 Laidler 2 Murray Cameron Talia Fox Jack Maibaum?

?Marks Aliir 8 Dawson Cameron Laidler Murray 7 Talia Tippett Robinson Fisher 6 Wicks Pink 4 Skrivanic Fox 3 Rohan Foote Leonardis Jack 2?
    Awesome

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Thanks for detailed updates ugg!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thank you ugg - fine job as usual.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    The thing that jumps out in those stats is Dawson 8 tackles. Is that correct???

A guy that big applying that kind of pressure is outstanding. Was he playing midfield?

Yep 8 tackles, 37 Disposals, 2.2

Veteran Site Admin
    Dawson has been playing as a genuine midfielder this year - inside and outside. He's started in the square at plenty of bounces.

While he obviously had a good game (at least stats wise), I don't think it's one out of the box for him. He's been racking up good numbers all year, and usually contributing with a couple of goals too.

It looks like we'll soon have genuine competition for positions in the senior team, which has to be a good thing. Dawson, Newman, Robinson, Aliir, Rohan and Tippett will all be eyeing off a spot in the senior team, while we have Jack due to resume in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Dawson has been playing as a genuine midfielder this year - inside and outside. He's started in the square at plenty of bounces.

While he obviously had a good game (at least stats wise), I don't think it's one out of the box for him. He's been racking up good numbers all year, and usually contributing with a couple of goals too.

It looks like we'll soon have genuine competition for positions in the senior team, which has to be a good thing. Dawson, Newman, Robinson, Aliir, Rohan and Tippett will all be eyeing off a spot in the senior team, while we have Jack due to resume in the next couple of weeks.
    Agree Liz. Dawson played mids last season a few times too. A 190cm Mid is handy. Takes a really good mark too. You are so right about competition for spots. Some of the out of form players had better pull their socks up or they will be kicking up the dew next week.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    ?Best players J.Dawson, K.Tippett, A.Aliir, J.Laidler, B.Jack, M.Talia?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ?Best players J.Dawson, K.Tippett, A.Aliir, J.Laidler, B.Jack, M.Talia?
    Funny about Talia. Arwon really bagged him. Said he was miles off senior footy.

Tippett and Aliir, at least, should be ready to come in next week.

Dawson looks a real find. Has plenty of class and doesn't shirk the hard stuff. Good size, very good skills and and a good decision maker as well.

Yes, thanks to the new recruits and development of players like Newman, Melican and Dawson it looks like we do actually have better depth this year. It just hasn't been evident due to all our players injured and returning from injury.

I have written off finals this year but still feel the future is bright (to the extent people are bringing this up as a factor why Jones/Reid might/might not re-sign). Looks like our best shot at winning a NEAFL premiership yet anyway!

Agree this looks like AA and Tippett may be recalled next week. Handy ins if they're playing well since we'll have our work cut out against St Kilda.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Yes, thanks to the new recruits and development of players like Newman, Melican and Dawson it looks like we do actually have better depth this year. It just hasn't been evident due to all our players injured and returning from injury.

I have written off finals this year but still feel the future is bright (to the extent people are bringing this up as a factor why Jones/Reid might/might not re-sign). Looks like our best shot at winning a NEAFL premiership yet anyway!

Agree this looks like AA and Tippett may be recalled next week. Handy ins if they're playing well since we'll have our work cut out against St Kilda.
    What I think is nice is that the players in the firsts know that they must perform as there is now clearly someone there to take their place. It will really sort out the keepers from the rest. Players like Marsh, Towers, Cunningham, Rohan, Hewitt, Sinclair need to be performing week in week out or they will get swallowed up by the tsunami of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

I am feeling a lot better about the big picture although a poor performance tomorrow will see bedwetters like me heading for the sedatives again I am sure.

Robbo is another player that really has been cruelled by injuries. Add in Jack and Rampe and suddenly our depth starts to look great. AA, Rohan, Tippett, Jack (fully fit) and Rampe are all significant ins to our 22 tomorrow and they are all potentially available next week.

Of course it means nothing if we don't get the points tomorrow. Then again wiping out our finals chances so early (and it will be nothing less of a miracle for us to make the 8 now) feels like a blessing ion a way, the pressure is off and as long as we have a good dip and continue blooding the youngsters (I'd like to see Cameron, Mabauim and COR added to our existing 6 debutants)

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Agree Liz. Dawson played mids last season a few times too. A 190cm Mid is handy. Takes a really good mark too. You are so right about competition for spots. Some of the out of form players had better pull their socks up or they will be kicking up the dew next week.
    For a big guy to get 37 disposals and 8 tackles is amazing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast