Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R8 v North

Changes for R8 v North

I didn't get to see most of yesterday's match but I'm not gonna let that stop me! It's time to start talking about this week. Who's in? Who's out?

I have no idea what's going on with Tippett or when he's returning. I don't know how to cut and paste this so here's a link to the 'injury list' on afl.com.au: AFL Injury Update, Official Injury List AFL - AFL.com.au. Bizarrely it listed Sam Naismith as 2 weeks from playing but he played. It's good that the missing members of our best 22 continue to trickle in but there are still a number missing including: Rampe, Tippett, Kizza, Gazza and Robbo (yep, I rate Robbo best 22 ahead of players like Towers, Harry C, Foote and also, at this stage, Florent). Based on the injury list Gazza and Kizza are both possibilities to return. I would personally prefer to see Kizza return via the 2s. His form so far this year has been poor and he does have the same on-field general value as Macca despite being a recent former captain. Gazza has also not been offering much so far this year - not sure how much the NEAFL will help him to rediscover his form but might be worth a go. Then there's Aliir. I agree that given Aliir's failure to play this round just past + the success of the incumbents + his iffy form so far this year = he should return via the NEAFL. Finally, there is the unlucky Newman. Is there room for him? He's gotta be worth more than Florent at the moment but is there doesn't seem to be any space left down back? Even though Newman has played forward and on-ball a little when selected this year, the match committee doesn't seem willing to select him as a forward per se. Towers I lost faith in last year and I haven't been converted back yet but he did ok yesterday and deserves to keep his spot another week and not shatter his confidence when he's done ok.

My vote is: no change! Stick with winning form and let returning players return via the twos and show their wares and the incumbents continue to settle and consolidate their positions.

More likely there will be at least one change, including maybe Florent for Rohan. I wonder if any consideration will be given to managing Hayward given his youth now that he has played 6 games on the trot I think. Still 3 more games before the bye. Newman next cab off the rank if anyone else is omitted.

Rohan Jack Tippo
    Towers Floreant Sinclair

Funny how a week goes by and all of a sudden we have depth
    Towers did well but like Laidler he is a back-up, although he is head and shoulders in front of Rose/B Jack
    Harry C also did enough to hold his spot
    Newman unlucky

I would have said Alir for March but Marsh played too well

Florent out but Rohan needs to come back via 2's - he was atrocious last wk

I think Rohan needs to be further up the ground and used as a tackler/pressure across the middle, he gets to hide too much up forward
    Maybe rotate him and Reid, cos Reidy is very agile for a big

Senior Player
    I think you've got to reward those who did the job yesterday, but I doubt that will happen

I don't believe Rohan should be given a gig straight back in the seniors when Towers played his role significantly better than him. I'd like to see him tried on the ball/at half back in NEAFL to give him a chance to get a bit more ball again and regain confidence.

Jack will likely come in for Florent, although again I'd like to see him perform at NEAFL level first, his form this year to date should see his gold pass revoked.

If Tippet is fit I suspect they'll drop Naismith for him as Sinclair offers more forward, again I think he needs kick up the bum and a game in the NEAFL might just do that.

Newman unlucky, can't fit him back in.

If past history is anything to go by (Talia, Morton, Davis), Allir is going to be spending a fair bit more time at NEAFL level before getting another opportunity at senior level

I doubt anyone else would be under serious consideration

Sinclair played pretty well, allegedly, as did a lot of the ins: Towers, Marsh, McVeigh was OK and isn't going to be dropped. So the only obvious out would be Florent.
    However it's highly likely they'll bring Tippett straight in for Sinclair. And Kizza must be close to a return too.
    Sadly they won't bring any of Rohan, Tippett or Kizza back via the NEAFL, even though they should.

OUT: Sinclair, Florent
    IN: Tippett, Rohan

Wow
    North looked good didn't they against Adelaide
    Pheeeewww we are playing them this week and not last weekend

AA copped his isolated incident punishment

I suspect he maybe an inclusion though this week against waite, brown etc also AA allows a great post up and mark to get a quick transition out of the backs

Sinclair, Florent and Towers are fighting for their positions in the 22 if all the squad is healthy

I say bring in :

AA for Towers
    Tippo for Sinclair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Wow
    North looked good didn't they against Adelaide
    Pheeeewww we are playing them this week and not last weekend

AA copped his isolated incident punishment

I suspect he maybe an inclusion though this week against waite, brown etc also AA allows a great post up and mark to get a quick transition out of the backs

Sinclair, Florent and Towers are fighting for their positions in the 22 if all the squad is healthy

I say bring in :

AA for Towers
    Tippo for Sinclair
    Waite could be missing depending on the MRP according to AFL.
    MRP preview: Big boys in big trouble? - AFL.com.au
    Lindsay Thomas as well.
    Buddy could cop a fine for his Jumper punch.

Waite will go, Lynch didn't play on

- - - Updated - - -

Cant believe Robbo was talking about Mills hit like it was similar to Toby Greenes....
    Can believe Dermie was talking about Mills hit like it was similar to Toby Greenes....

Moderately off topic but AJ must be getting close to a run in the NEAFL.

When's our next home game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Waite will go, Lynch didn't play on

- - - Updated - - -

Cant believe Robbo was talking about Mills hit like it was similar to Toby Greenes....
    Can believe Dermie was talking about Mills hit like it was similar to Toby Greenes....
    +100

I thought Mills' hit looked a lot like Greene's. Only the level of force must have been significantly less because his opponent didn't have to leave the field for treatment. Hopefully this will save him and the 50m penalty will suffice.

Another thought, what about Newman for Smooch? It's hard to see it happening given that Smooch is one of our leaders (and we need our leaders now) but (bearing in mind I mostly didn't see this game) his form has been down and he had among the lowest stats for this last game. I feel more comfortable dropping one of our other leaders now that Macca is back.

Regular in the Side
    Could be interesting at selection with only Newman from the NEAFL demanding selection. On the other hand K Jack, Tippett, Rohan and Aliir should by rights all be playing in Canberra. I would like to see that.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast