Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 8. North Melbourne V Sydney. 16.40 pm. Etihad Stadium.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Thought Melican played well especially since he had not had a kick or handpass at halftime
    His spoiling and physicality was important.
    Was it Melican that had a nice bump with Brown going towards the boundary and Brown came off second best?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Was it just me or did Buddy have a touch of the Mr Magoo's on Sunday.

I know he worked his butt off and kicked the special goal, but there were a few instances where he missed a couple of easy marks and fumbled a few balls he would normally gobble up.

Even the champs can have one of those days I guess
    I thought the opposite with his marking. He nailed a number of marks including a pack mark, which is most un-Buddy like. 8 marks, 1 contested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Was it Melican that had a nice bump with Brown going towards the boundary and Brown came off second best?
    Also Simpkin bumped Pelican and is now out for 6 weeks having his shoulder repaired.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I like Towers in the middle. He may still be a bit anxious when he is going for goal but his field kicking is very good; if a few others were up to his standard we'd be in clover.

And on kicking - can someone give Jake a kick up the backside whoever he does a kickout to the opposition? Otherwise he chooses and kicks well.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I said to my daughter there is something wrong withe Buddy, he's not moving. He headed walked to the i/c bench and 5 minutes later was back on, so I can only assume he was spent, rather than injured.
    I saw this as well. There were a number of players that were struggling to come off the ground such as Papley and Hanners. It shows you the effort that they put in.

Veterans List
    Great win, fabulous to see the stars play like we know they can.

Loved Sam Reid's game, goals from limited opportunities when they counted, then a calm head in defence when needed. Reg also fab.

Plenty of love for Papley but how many tackles has he laid in F50 in last 2 weeks? Need to see more of this and more hard work if he wants to be really good in this position.

Next couple of weeks start to look interesting.

Senior Player
    OT but that game just showed up what a waste of space Ben Browne is

He has to be the slowest man playing AFL at present, he provides no forward pressure and allows his opponent a free reign to run off him, you just can't afford that in the modern game. He's no good in the ruck either and needs to kick 3 goals + each week to justify what he costs them

Would of been a great forward had he played prior to 2000 though

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    OT but that game just showed up what a waste of space Ben Browne is

He has to be the slowest man playing AFL at present, he provides no forward pressure and allows his opponent a free reign to run off him, you just can't afford that in the modern game. He's no good in the ruck either and needs to kick 3 goals + each week to justify what he costs them

Would of been a great forward had he played prior to 2000 though
    He's not such a waste of space. His hair gets in the way of defenders from following the flight of the ball. I also find that I can make a cup of coffee between the time he starts his run-up (stroll-up) and the time he actually kicks for goal.

Ben Browne is 100x better when Waite is playing. If Waite is missing, Browne gets double-teamed out of the game.
    Its amazing that North rely so heavily on Waite, a journey-man, injury-prone, 32 year old. They are seriously stuffed next year when he retires. They need to go after a forward rather than another midfielder.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Great win, fabulous to see the stars play like we know they can.

Loved Sam Reid's game, goals from limited opportunities when they counted, then a calm head in defence when needed. Reg also fab.

Plenty of love for Papley but how many tackles has he laid in F50 in last 2

Next couple of weeks start to look interesting.
    Just on Sam Reid. quite often I have seen him play an ordinary game as a forward, I have rarely seen him play a bad game when he is ask to play in the backline> I would love to see him down back more often.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Just on Sam Reid. quite often I have seen him play an ordinary game as a forward, I have rarely seen him play a bad game when he is ask to play in the backline> I would love to see him down back more often.
    I think its a lot easier to play spare man in defense than key forward.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Yes that is very true. Its easier to run in a straight line then having to twist and turn, but I love to see him down back as he has very good defensive skills, i.e. knows where to position myself in the field and in marking contests. Knows how to tackle and when to tackle and when to guard a space etc. Or at least in my eyes he looks to have these good defensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Reid is good in that role but we need him as a FWD.

I'd potentially like to see Rampe / Aliir in for Macca / Marsh. One can play one on one and the other as a spare, so Reid can go forward and both can bring the ball out of defence well.