Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 8. North Melbourne V Sydney. 16.40 pm. Etihad Stadium.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Mids are handling the effective disposals well enough. We're looking good, North clangers helped early in the second.

Who's doing the bulk of the niggling?? There's been a melee after both quarters.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Some of the negative remarks on Newman are really dumb.

He was in 2 situations that resulted in goals:
    1. He took a shoulder to the head and should have received a free kick. In any case, he should have rushed the ball for a behind.
    2. He was simply outplayed by Hrovat who had the better position to mark the ball. Okay. He was outplayed, like that has never happened to any defender before.

He's not a dour 1 on 1 defender and tends to use a few tricks to win the ball, but he should be in the side as an offensive defender, something we really need.

Jake Lloyd, perhaps our best player this year and one of my favourites, deserves a lot more criticism. He made 2 errors that led to goals.
    100% correct. Should we drop every defender who gets beaten 1 on 1 in a contest on an occasion. Wouldn't be many defenders left to choose from...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Mids are handling the effective disposals well enough. We're looking good, North clangers helped early in the second.

Who's doing the bulk of the niggling?? There's been a melee after both quarters.
    Jones :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Jones :-)
    He's a brawler, who's setting him off?

Senior Player
    Wouldn't mind Buddy kicking a goal. 8 last week and a few chances this week. Might fire up in the last half.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Maybe wing for Newman as link player.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    He's too slow IMO.

Rampe, Aliir, Rohan, Tippett and a fit Jack back into the 22 and we start to look a lot stronger but I like the fact we are getting so many games into the following players who with a bit of luck should get the following players over the 30 game mark by the end of this year - Alliir, Papley, Naismaith, Mills, Hewett and Marsh

Stats say Heeney has only 2 tackles. Find that hard to believe. Also isn't holding a Swans players arm in a marking contest a free kick. They keep talking about how Heeney (and Reid) is going for a one hander - that's because a Norf player is holding onto the other arm

Need to work on those set shots, across the board!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been fisticuffs, melees etc in every game Swans have played this year, except against Collingwood. The club psychologists/coaches etc think they have worked out that we are more easily beaten when monstered. That thinking began when we lost the Grand Final to Hawthorn, which was a very dirty game indeed. Yes, I am saying that it is a deliberate tactic.

We have demonstrated this year that we won,t put up with the bullying, the smacks in the head, punches in the guts, etc and are now retaliating. Not likely to be a Brownlow for any of us this year anyway.

Or maybe the AFL sent out an email saying more tough stuff for the television Ratings please.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Stats say Heeney has only 2 tackles. Find that hard to believe. Also isn't holding a Swans players arm in a marking contest a free kick. They keep talking about how Heeney (and Reid) is going for a one hander - that's because a Norf player is holding onto the other arm
    Which is worse than the evil 'arm chop'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Wouldn't mind Buddy kicking a goal. 8 last week and a few chances this week. Might fire up in the last half.
    I hope Plugger isn't working with Buddy on his kicking too much. Don't fix what's not broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heydon View Post
    There have been fisticuffs, melees etc in every game Swans have played this year, except against Collingwood. The club psychologists/coaches etc think they have worked out that we are more easily beaten when monstered. That thinking began when we lost the Grand Final to Hawthorn, which was a very dirty game indeed. Yes, I am saying that it is a deliberate tactic.

We have demonstrated this year that we won,t put up with the bullying, the smacks in the head, punches in the guts, etc and are now retaliating. Not likely to be a Brownlow for any of us this year anyway.

Or maybe the AFL sent out an email saying more tough stuff for the television Ratings please.
    I thought this changed noticeably after Carlton-gate and the undefended attacks on Mills

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast