Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R9 V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Jack has been ruled out for at least another week..... but Rampe only needs to get through training...So for me..

OUT : McVeigh, Sinclair

IN : Rampe, Tippett
    I'd be happy with that but I have a feeling Hayward will be managed this week for Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Maybe he should try the classic blond Swan coif:

Or maybe he would look good in a Derm

Ummm, my memories of the eighties are a bit hazy? Those people dressed in the mustard and turd: were they guests at the wedding of Scott and Charlene?

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I'm happy to make 5 changes this week.
    I saw something in Sinclair that I liked this week. A little bit more agro than usual, and more drive as well. I think he's building confidence and want to see where it goes.

Out: McVeigh, Mellican, Naismith, Jack, Hayward

In: Rampe, Allir, Tippett, Rohan, Florent
    Jack didn't play last week

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    No, don't think so. Horse said he only "may be a chance" this week, but said he was pretty fit as he'd been doing a lot of running.

I think there is a bit of wishful thinking on our part going on.
    He starts competitive work this week so absolutely no chance at all

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'm in no hurry to bring rohan in. He needs the confidence of some BOG's in the NEAFL.
    Tippet, I'd bring in for Nainsmith. Sorry old chap, but Sinclair offers more at this stage.
    Rampe should come back in for McVeigh, and yes mcveigh needs a long spell in the NEAFL to prove fitness.
    Allir can come back when one of the young pups looks running out of puff. Personally, I'd be looking at Talia first.
    Naismith 28 HO 7 disposals. Sinclair 16 HO 7 disposals. Both no goals. What more does he add?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Naismith 28 HO 7 disposals. Sinclair 16 HO 7 disposals. Both no goals. What more does he add?
    A chronic case of the dropsies.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Think he got more marks

lol. Cherry picking data. Are you a global warming denier as well ?

Sinclair was poor, rated 19th best player. Naismith was poorer, rated 22nd best player, otherwise known as worst player, worse than an injured McVeigh.

North Melbourne Vs Sydney Swans - Match Centre - AFL.com.au

Jack didn't play last week
    We covered this.

Oops, I meant Smith, not Jack. Not sure how he became Jack, other than that they have both been average.
    So my changes would be

Out: McVeigh, Mellican, Naismith, Smith, Hayward

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

So my changes would be

Out: McVeigh, Mellican, Naismith, Smith, Hayward

Cannot see Melican or Smith being dropped, think Sinclair will make way. Not sure Rampe will be ready.

Rohan for McVeigh
    Tippo for Sinclair
    Rampe (if fit) for Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    lol. Cherry picking data. Are you a global warming denier as well ?

Sinclair was poor, rated 19th best player. Naismith was poorer, rated 22nd best player, otherwise known as worst player, worse than an injured McVeigh.

North Melbourne Vs Sydney Swans - Match Centre - AFL.com.au

Barry, they are fantasy Ratings and mean jack @@@@. Naismith was very good in the ruck contests. Look at the replay, I did. Sinclair 2 marks to Naismith 0. But it doesn't change the fact Sinclair is not a first ruck, he is a ruck/forward. A ruck/forward that didn't hit the scoreboard. Can't knock him though he was good against the Lions, tries hard but he doesn't get many HO. the difference is Naismith's HO work is super whereas Sinclair is a hit or miss, when he gets a tap which is rarely. In the long term Sinkas is depth.

Rampe shouldn't be rushed back in. It would be stupid as we are not desperate. Macca out, Jack injured.

Tip, Gazza, Robbo all good in the reserves. But BOG in the reserves was Jordan Dawson with 40 disposals, 8 tackles, 7 marks & 2.2. Going to be an interesting night at the selection table. Robbo, even though he played really well probably needs one more game, Gazza as well. But Tip is probably closer. He would have to improve on his performances early season though.

I'm not even going to guess what they will do this week. But tip, Gazza, Robbo & Dawson should all be in the mix.

Every week watching Richmond and Nanka running around cleaning people up and getting better by the week is torture.

Not sure there was much we could do even if we wanted to.

We would have needed to move at least one ruckman and maybe even that would not have been enough to keep him. Naismith would be on a very modest wages still I'd say and Sinclair would have had no nibbles at the $400K a year he is on. And Tippett has been done to death here....Yawn

Overall I am still quite happy with our ruck stocks, they are not elite but they are very handy and I feel they are not going to hold us back too much. Naismith does need to start clunking a few more marks and contributing more apart from hitouts. Sinclair similar though he does provide a genuine forward target. Cameron I have high hopes for and think he could be a Nanka type player, I see him as having a much stronger mark even now than Sam or Callum. Probably just finding his feet this year but fully expect him to be challenging for our number 1 ruck spot in 2019

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast