Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R9 V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Barry, they are fantasy Ratings and mean jack @@@@...

BOG in the reserves was Jordan Dawson with 40 disposals, 8 tackles, 7 marks & 2.2. Going to be an interesting night at the selection table...

I'm not even going to guess what they will do this week. But tip, Gazza, Robbo & Dawson should all be in the mix.
    +1 re: fantasy points. See that Nic Newman had second highest SuperCoach rating of the round 151 points. Can't have been too bad.

Didn't Dawson have 15 clearances too? But would they seriously play him in the middle after one good game? I imagine if they did he'd rotate fwd a lot. I can't see who would make way unless they give him Hayward's spot.

Other than injuries why drop players from a winning side. The incumbents have performed the roles asked of them. Sinclair and Naismith have done a decent job against 2 of the best ruckmen in Goldstein and Martin. Marsh has been solid, Newman was outstanding last week and I'm not seeing any signs of fatigue by Hayward. I feel like last weeks team should be rewarded. It's not like Tippett and Rohan were in great form before their injuries. In fact they have been poor at times. And Aliir was dropped and hasn't exactly dominated the reserves. No doubt they are best 22 but they need to produce consistent form in the reserves and wait their chance.

Out: McVeigh
    In: Dawson

Dawson has been in great form and deserves another chance. Would like to see him playing a midfield/forward role.

Fantasy points are a perfectly fine weighted average of all the aspects that makes up a players performance.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Fantasy points are a perfectly fine weighted average of all the aspects that makes up a players performance.
    Not really true. They ignore disposal efficiency for one. SuperCoach is a much better gauge; values contested possessions / marks over uncontested also.

I'd be more than happy to accept SuperCoach points. Naismith got 58 SC points, Sinclair 40. Cunningham 45, Hewett 107.

N.B. SuperCoach says Naismith outplayed Sinclair, Fantasy the opposite.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 17th May 2017 at 08:54 PM.

Towers playing well, may not be that he has improved, its just that he looks good in a team near the bottom of the ladder, rather than a top team.
    That's harsh! His work rate was very good and he was getting into the contest instead of skirting around the play. I saw great effort coming from he and he deserves to be recognised for his efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Other than injuries why drop players from a winning side.
    It's a very good question to ask. I'd say if (1) the replacements will play better (2) replacements will play as well and have more upside (3) specific / general matchups (height, speed etc) (4) discipline (5) resting players (esp first year)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belmasta View Post
    That's harsh! His work rate was very good and he was getting into the contest instead of skirting around the play. I saw great effort coming from he and he deserves to be recognised for his efforts!
    Towers 116 SC points, 92 fantasy. Think he's in the team on merit at the moment. Looks much better with more midfield time

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=Markwebbos;725502]It's a very good question to ask. I'd say if (1) the replacements will play better (2) replacements will play as well and have more upside (3) specific / general matchups (height, speed etc) (4) discipline (5) resting players (esp first year)

Which is why Tippett has to come in for Sinclair if fit. The argument is not whether Tippett is worth his 800k ( yawn, yawn) but whether he is a better player than Sinclair and it is my opinion he is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see jake Lloyd marked heavily here on in

Key distributor from our backline

Shut him down and u cause issues re transitions for the Swans I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see jake Lloyd marked heavily here on in

Key distributor from our backline

Shut him down and u cause issues re transitions for the Swans I suspect
    We have got more options with Newman, Rampe, Jones, Mills potentially playing that role
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 17th May 2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We have got more options with Newman, Rampe, Jones potentially playing that role
    And better options than Lloyd, he's getting better but he's too soft as a defender and his kick ins are rubbish.
    Play him on a wing and HFF to distribute to Buddy or Tippo lace out.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    [QUOTE=annew;725503]
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It's a very good question to ask. I'd say if (1) the replacements will play better (2) replacements will play as well and have more upside (3) specific / general matchups (height, speed etc) (4) discipline (5) resting players (esp first year)

Which is why Tippett has to come in for Sinclair if fit. The argument is not whether Tippett is worth his 800k ( yawn, yawn) but whether he is a better player than Sinclair and it is my opinion he is.
    Agreed. I also imagine the Saints would be quite happy to play against Sinclair rather than Tippett.

He's a good player, but I dont think we can beat the main contenders (dogs, giants) with him in the team.

The more i think about last years grand final, the more I believe it was lost a the selection table. We should have played Reid. He was fully fit, tearing up the training track, and would have provided an X factor the dogs couldnt counteract. Also, playing McVeigh and Laidler in the back half left us exposed. Should have brought in a younger player earlier in the year.
    In retrospect, I agree on Reid.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast