Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Changes for R9 V St Kilda

I reckon we are getting pretty close to our best 22. Jack and McVeigh are the only two missing through injury and many would argue that they are in our bottom 6 if in the team now anyway. Allir and Naismith are probably the only other two who, if playing at their peak, would be in the team.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Any word on Naismith's injury. A knee could range from anything from soreness to serious injury.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Marsh is stiff. Not even an emergency.

Gee, Gary Rohan, the golden haired boy comes straight back in. Should have had another in the 2's to see if he could string 2 together.
    agree on both Nico.

No way Rohan should be playing imo. Confidence player so why not let him get it in the seconds.

One back in
    One forward in
    A ruck for a ruck

Two backs out

Towers stays in

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    One back in
    One forward in
    A ruck for a ruck

Two backs out

Towers stays in
    And HC keeps his spot.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Any word on Naismith's injury. A knee could range from anything from soreness to serious injury.
    In the team announcement video on the official site, Longmire said it was a slight medial strain he did in the game last week. I recall some vision of him icing the knee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    agree on both Nico.

No way Rohan should be playing imo. Confidence player so why not let him get it in the seconds.
    Yeah, I agree too. I reckon Rohan is in for his speed against a quick Saints team and will play off halfback.

I see the changes as

Rampe for Marsh
    Tippett for Naismith
    Rohan for McVeigh

McVeigh did start in defence last week but once he injured himself he went forward. Newman who started on the wing went back to take his spot and Cunningham played more on the wing

I believe Rohan will start forward having played there in the NEAFL last week and possibly could be asked to defensively mark Roberton who's been excellent for them off halfback this year.

Rampe for Marsh
    Tippett for Naismith
    Rohan for McVeigh
    On paper, at least, these are three upgrades. I guess Rohan for McVeigh could be considered a draw but Rampe >>>> Marsh and Tippett >> Naismith.

Jack Billings kicked 5 goals last week. Jack has probably never been tagged before. Put Harry on him. Harry will run him off his feet and probably kick a couple of goals on him. Saints attack will be shattered. Game over.

With Paddy McCartin coming in and Reiwoldt playing with a sore knee, I can't see the Saints stopping our rebound out of defence, even without Aliir. I think we wanted to limit the backline change to 1 this week, but with Marsh going out, I think Aliir is a good chance to come in next week.

Rampe for Marsh
    Tippett for Naismith
    Rohan for McVeigh
    All three of these changes strengthen the side in my opinion. Jack and Naismith the only two others in our best 22 to come back now but I'd suggest they are both in our bottom six.

No excuses this weekend.

Dawson confirmed travelling emergency. Aliir and Florent playing NEAFL

Dawson confirmed travelling emergency. Aliir and Florent playing NEAFL
    Good recognition for Dawson and it won't hurt the other two slugging it out for a while in the twos.

I'm looking forward to this game and indeed the rest of the season now. It's kind of like I feel the weight of expectations has been lifted, even as a fan, and we can just enjoy football for its own sake for the rest of the year.

Having said that, we can make the 8 and for me making the 8 now defines a successful season, winning a final will be a bonus. If we accept that 13-9 will get in the finals then to secure a berth we need top 4 form for the rest of the year.

But I fear if we lose this week or next Friday then finals are too hard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910