1: Aaron Day (Sydney Uni)

Florent 5-4
    Cameron/Jack One is 5-0 the other 3-2
    Laidler 4-0
    Young 3-0
    Rose 2-0
    Stevenson 1-0
    Day 1-0
    Jack was solid but I can't see either coach would have had him best on ground. I am guessing, therefore, that Cameron got five from one coach, probably the Uni coach given that the Swans didn't even name him in their best. For me he was the clear best on ground, with Florent a close second. I love how he's added some aggression to his game since the start of the year. His follow up work at centre bounces was terrific on Friday night.

Xavier high-fiving Swans players after kicking a goal sounds prattish to me, especially given how far down his team was by the time he scored the goal. He always came across as a reasonably intelligent, well-mannered chap so it surprises me he'd go there. Maybe his departure from the Swans is still burning a bit, notwithstanding that it had almost nothing to do with the Swans.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The NEAFL MVP is actually a combination of the Brownlow votes by the umpire and the AFLCA's votes by the coaches

The website explains:

The NEAFL MVP Award is presented to the player uniquely judged the best in the competition by a combination of umpire and coaches votes.

The votes are submitted post-game cast on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis. As such, the maximum amount of votes a single player can earn per match is 10 � courtesy of the maximum five votes from both umpires and coaches.
    Ilett, Harper, enter NEAFL MVP Top 10 after max-vote performances – NEAFL

My guess is the umpires looked at the stats and gave Cameron BOG, and for some reason Shaw and his Uni counterpart didn't rate Cameron's game.

Devo for Robbo! Poor bastard!

In that case I think it's down to Ollie, Kizza or Dawson in for Harry C. I'll vote for Dawson (he's earned it) but won't be surprised if they go with one of the others.

Personally, I would have given Cameron 5 votes (definitely not 0) - he was indefatigable, everywhere and effective.

- - - Updated - - -

In that case I think it's down to Ollie, Kizza or Dawson in for Harry C. I'll vote for Dawson (he's earned it) but won't be surprised if they go with one of the others.

Personally, I would have given Cameron 5 votes (definitely not 0) - he was indefatigable, everywhere and effective.

Clearances

Uni 48 Swans 45

Edwards 10
    Cameron 6
    Jack 6
    Foote 4
    Fisher 3
    MacDonald 3
    Robinson 3
    Florent 2
    Fox 2
    Brown 1
    Maibaum 1
    Maze 1
    Rose 1
    Skrivanic 1
    Wicks 1

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the hit on Robertson. He was bending down to pick up the ball and the uni player ran straight through him from the side, impact his head with his hip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the hit on Robertson. He was bending down to pick up the ball and the uni player ran straight through him from the side, impact his head with his hip.

If you want to see the Richards incident, he kicked the goal at 1:03:13 and it all unfolds from there. For some reason he offers a high five to Laidler, who wasn't even his opponent (Maibaum was). BJ (the captain mind you) doesn't like this and goes after X, eventually reaching him and throwing Richards to ground followed by O'Brien throwing BJ to the ground in a similar fashion. Somehow after all this, O'Brien gets the free kick and kicks the goal.

Aliir's incident at 1:32:36, gets collected high, gets the free and as Bonney drags him up by the jumper Aliir retaliates by pushing Bonney in the chest with his forearm (not palm as I said earlier), gets the free reversed.

It was a yucky game for the toppies. The wet conditions suited the strong bodies and so the 17 year olds were unable to get much space. Brown was very quiet at first, then kicked into gear. When he did he did not look out of place. Scrivanic and Wicks worked hard but were forced to be outside runners due to the conditions. Unfortunately the wet meant the ball movement was pretty direct and so there was not much ball sharing. Liam Maze was ok, but the wet was never going to suit him.

Barra, your efforts in keeping up with 2s, Academy, Rams etc are impressive. Thanks so much for the posts.

It seems, based on the stats that I overrated Marsh and Robbo's games. I think they must have done some good stuff early that stuck with me. Either that or there were just some crossed neurons. But otherwise I think the stats back up my observations. I just want to plug Cameron again, this time not for this game but because he has been consistently good (not as good as in this game but still very good) all season. It's too bad for him he has so much competition for his spot. I really hope we find a way of keeping him when his contract is up and don't lose him like Nankervis. Rucks get injured a bit so hopefully he will get a chance in the firsts at some stage and then, if he can show his wares, he may be able to overtake Sinclair and maybe even Tippett, at least as a value proposition. Long term, Naismith and Cameron could be an excellent combo. Unless we go with the almost equally tempting Towers/Aliir combo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123