Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Kick Differentials After Round 8

Warming the Bench
    Interesting stats. The Bulldogs have played twice in Perth already this year and were beaten both times. It seems that when the free kick count doesn't go their way they aren't the standout team all the commentators talk about.
    This just reinforces my view about the 2016 GF. The Bulldogs finished 7th in the H and A season and got an armchair ride through the finals. The AFL had to have their fairytale I suppose. The AFL just couldn't face an all Sydney GF.
    The Bulldogs though, are just following on from Hawthorns success in their interaction with the umpires.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Interesting stats. The Bulldogs have played twice in Perth already this year and were beaten both times. It seems that when the free kick count doesn't go their way they aren't the standout team all the commentators talk about.
    This just reinforces my view about the 2016 GF. The Bulldogs finished 7th in the H and A season and got an armchair ride through the finals. The AFL had to have their fairytale I suppose. The AFL just couldn't face an all Sydney GF.
    The Bulldogs though, are just following on from Hawthorns success in their interaction with the umpires.
    Yes, they certainly did get an armchair ride. The Bulldogs won the free kick count in all finals they played last year and the further they advanced, the better the free kick differential in their favour became. Not only do they get a lot of free kicks, they get them when and where they count. And it's still happening this year. A couple of weeks ago they got a dodgy deliberate out of bounds decision very late in the game against Richmond. With the ball deep in Ricmond's forward line and Richmond needing a goal to grab a late win, the decision for the Bulldogs effectively killed the Tigers' chances. And interesting to note they are equal second for free against. Watch a Bulldogs game and see how many incorrect disposals they get away with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12