Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Possible Ronke sighting?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Possible Ronke sighting?
    The ghost who walks

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Too much Thai whiskey.
    There were so many comments on RWO that we would have won the GF if only Aliir was available to play, yet now he's not good enough to make a team that's 3 and 6. There were many AFL commentators saying he was the next Alex Rance.

So what's happened since now and then? He came late to one training session and turned into a Paul Chambers.

Okay Nico, you've already conceded that I was right about Hewett and Newman, so adding one more to the list is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    So what's happened since now and then? He came late to one training session and turned into a Paul Chambers.
    The game he played before he was dropped was very poor hence he was dropped. His ability to defend one on one needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There were so many comments on RWO that we would have won the GF if only Aliir was available to play, yet now he's not good enough to make a team that's 3 and 6. There were many AFL commentators saying he was the next Alex Rance.

Okay Nico, you've already conceded that I was right about Hewett and Newman, so adding one more to the list is no big deal.
    On last year's form, Aliir should've played the GF and was definitely in our best 22. However, 2017 is a different beast. The fact is that he has played three games this year in losing teams averaging only 11.7 disposals and 3.7 marks. He then failed in his responsibilities as a footballer with his training incident. This does not scream top dozen player to me.....yet. In time, he has the potential to be very good, not Alex Rance good, but very good nonetheless. However, for me, he hasn't knocked the door down to be in our current team and so will need to do that with sheer hard work and performance in the 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    On last year's form, Aliir should've played the GF and was definitely in our best 22. However, 2017 is a different beast. The fact is that he has played three games this year in losing teams averaging only 11.7 disposals and 3.7 marks. He then failed in his responsibilities as a footballer with his training incident. This does not scream top dozen player to me.....yet. In time, he has the potential to be very good, not Alex Rance good, but very good nonetheless. However, for me, he hasn't knocked the door down to be in our current team and so will need to do that with sheer hard work and performance in the 2s.
    Since going back to the reserves he's played very well in every game. He would have played senior footy had it not been for his training indiscretion, so the coaches thought his form was good enough to play senior footy. His defending has been excellent, although the competition in the reserves isn't always that demanding for our defenders.

It's still early in his career, so it's hard to say how good Aliir can be. It took Rance a fair few years to get up to a high standard. If I were an opposition coach, I wouldn't want to be kicking the ball anywhere near Aliir's vicinity, because he's a force to be reckoned with and the ball is likely to be coming back with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Out Cunnigham
    In: Either Dawson, AA, or Marsh. I think Marsh as he has the most senior experience but Dawson could be a very good fit after his high tackle magoos game.
    Marsh was pretty ordinary in the reserves

Thought I posted on this, but it turns out it was the thread from Matt80 land (the sandpit)
    Anyway, I agreed with him for

Out: Cunningham
    In: Florent

Also think Tippo and Rohan have a bit to be worried about on selections this week.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    ............... Also think Tippo and Rohan have a bit to be worried about on selections this week.
    Hawks have an inexperienced (no Stratton Freawley, Birchall) and out of form (Gibson) backline and lack pace so reckon Tippo and Rohan are just the outs THEY would be hoping for, but only change will be either Florent or KJ in for Harry.

With the bye coming up to give KJ and extra fortnight's recovery, I'm hoping for a freshened up Florent who was sensational in the NEAFL according to reports.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post

Also think Tippo and Rohan have a bit to be worried about on selections this week.
    I looked at Rohan's stats before I saw the game on replay and confess I was annoyed at what I saw. However, after watching the game I was more and more impressed with the pressure he caused in our forward line. I'm not sure if anyone deserves their place because or pressure instead of possessions, however I thought he put forward a pretty good case.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I looked at Rohan's stats before I saw the game on replay and confess I was annoyed at what I saw. However, after watching the game I was more and more impressed with the pressure he caused in our forward line. I'm not sure if anyone deserves their place because or pressure instead of possessions, however I thought he put forward a pretty good case.
    I remember a couple of goals against the Hawks where he ran onto the ball in the forward half and torched the pursuers for goals. More of the same humiliation please! Reckon Tippett would be looking forward to playing a lot of FF in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronke, has he been on the injury list or just AWOL?

Senior Player
    Changes for this week
    Rampe: 24-50
    Franklin: 23-67
    10 Players Will Be Changing Their Numbers This Week | Triple M Melbourne

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast