Page 102 of 132 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,224 of 1579

Thread: Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    West of Anzac bridge is Balmain which isn't Western Sydney
    Yeah not to be snooty but I live 15 mins from their home ground and if your calling in Western Sydney then my house is way over valued (which it is anyway living in Sydney). At best its the North West and really at about 30 mins from the SCG way too close to being doing anything but turning Swans fans from Parramatta westwards into Giants fans. They aren't growing the game they are cannibalizing Swans fans for the most part.

What did happen to their Blacktown facility, is it sitting gathering dust whilst the poor rate payers of Blacktown lament the wasted money.

The best thing the AFL could do would be to go back to 16 teams, offer the players more money for a 30 game season (no practice matches so its only an extra 4 games). Allow a bigger playing list. I'm sure the players would oppose it but I suspect the additional $$$ you could add from axing the Suns and Giants would easily cover it.

And hey presto we finally have an honest and true competition. Who isn't tired of the horribly compromised and biased draw?

Even if they win the premiership this year the wagon jumpers will be off as soon as they hit a bad patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    The best thing the AFL could do would be to go back to 16 teams, offer the players more money for a 30 game season (no practice matches so its only an extra 4 games). Allow a bigger playing list. I'm sure the players would oppose it but I suspect the additional $$$ you could add from axing the Suns and Giants would easily cover it.
    I agree about the 16 teams but I'd drop the Suns and North. I think GWS is needed even if they dont have supporters currently. Having two rival teams in Sydney has created more of an AFL atmosphere. I've noticed more recently a lot of my friends and colleagues expressing interest in the AFL

The excitement out here in the heart of Western Sydney is palpable. The smell of fried chillies brings tears to my eyes. There is a sea of orange everywhere you look.

Chiang Rai orange fans.jpg

They really loved Thomas Bugg so much around here that they even named their soccer team after him. They were heartbroken when he was traded.

I think the team song goes something like: We are the Greater Western Sydney Beetles. We're a big fat ugly pest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ludwig; 23rd September 2017 at 12:31 PM.

Senior Player
    Seriously, if Sydney (and it's five million inhabitants) can't support two teams in the AFL then maybe the code is not nearly as good
    as it's been made out to be.
    While I'm here, is this one of the worst finals series ever?. Six games out of seven over at half time so far.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    While I'm here, is this one of the worst finals series ever?. Six games out of seven over at half time so far.
    Odd isn't it, after such an even season.

Maybe today will be closer. Imagine the atmosphere at the MCG if the Giants get up. It'll be like a graveyard. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing it...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Maybe today will be closer. Imagine the atmosphere at the MCG if the Giants get up. It'll be like a graveyard. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing it...
    Yes, so many pretty decent footy teams (us included), not firing a shot. Hopefully the Giants can bring their best and do it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, so many pretty decent footy teams (us included), not firing a shot. Hopefully the Giants can bring their best and do it.
    While some may argue that the bye should freshen teams up, it may be have the reverse affect on some, leading to these finals blowouts.....In regard to today, I'll be barracking for Richmond for my daughters sake but I admit I would like to see the Giants win just to shut the 'bandwagon' up, see the masses silenced and watch Melbourne/Victoria mourn not having a presence in the big one......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 23rd September 2017 at 03:42 PM.

Senior Player
    I'm sure all of our RWO colleagues south of the border already have their own personal evacuation plans in place in case GWS
    have the temerity to play well and win, but just in case maybe check out the Titus O'Reilly report

Emergency Management Australia threat warning: Richmond lose to GWS | Titus O'Reily

Card carrying Swans members know they will always be welcome north of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Well, it would be like a graveyard, until the riot kicks off.

It's an intriguing battle, as much in the corridors of power than on the field of play. Many mistake the AFL for a monolithic organization when in reality, it's riven with factions driving agendas of their own. Sometimes their goals coincide, our trade ban the most glaring example. Mainly, they simply focus on benefiting whichever clubs or businessmen they're aligned with and if in doing so, simultaneously line their own hip pockets then all the better.

This afternoon, it's the traditionalists versus the expansionists. GWS have finished ahead of the Swans for the first time, box ticked, but will that be enough? Or THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER? Important changes at HQ from last year gives them at least a fighting chance and of course, no matter how much rubbed green Richmond get, imploding like most other losing finalists have this season is not beyond the Yellow and Black.

So here's to the first 'interstate' Grand Final in over a decade. Go orange people.

Go the Giants, last year's fairy tale was enough, never again should a team get a golden run like they did. If the Tigers win can you imagine next week's free kick count and more important where they are given. Once the Tigers are gone don't care.

I hope the Tigers lose (don�t care who wins, even in this game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk