Page 14 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals

Veterans List
    8 point games, must beat the sides above you, 8 point games.

We could go 9-0 and end up top 4. Have nearly got our best 22 on the park once we demote Towers and no other team is flying (Crows 3-4 from last 7, Geelong week to week flaky, GWS long injury list) so 9-0 is not impossible!

Must beat everyone above us.

I suspect if we are going to go 9-0 we must beat everyone below us as well.

While I am optimistic about finals, given we have just gotten over the line in the last few weeks 9-0 will be difficult.

It is amazing the difference it would make to our perceived form and the posts on this forum if the last 2 games had finished a few minutes earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    I suspect if we are going to go 9-0 we must beat everyone below us as well.

While I am optimistic about finals, given we have just gotten over the line in the last few weeks 9-0 will be difficult.

It is amazing the difference it would make to our perceived form and the posts on this forum if the last 2 games had finished a few minutes earlier.
    It's a fickle game. Had the umpires not screwed us over in the Bulldogs and Collingwood games, and we'd had four players on the interchange against Scumthorn, we'd be equal second on the ladder.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Bleeder

But if my Aunty was built different�..she'd be my uncle.

It is a fickle game though.

Veterans List
    It is a fickle game, Hawks won 2012, 2013, 2014 Prelims by under a goal, could have easily just had one flag instead of the three peat.

But on the day you just have to outscore your opposition to win, then do it 12-13 more times in a row to win the 2017 flag. It can be done, starts or ends tomorrow night.

A nice comfortable win, in melbourne, against another contender, would make finals seem more tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    A nice comfortable win, in melbourne, against another contender, would make finals seem more tangible.
    Is that a prediction or a prayer?

Currently in 7th. To remain in the eight at the end of the weekend, a few things need to happen. Fremantle need to beat St Kilda. The Eagles and the Dogs can have any result except a draw. And Essendon don't get a massive percentage boost against the Lions. Without getting the calculator out, my estimate is that they would need to win by around 90, to sneak above us.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Is that a prediction or a prayer?
    I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Currently in 7th. To remain in the eight at the end of the weekend, a few things need to happen. Fremantle need to beat St Kilda. The Eagles and the Dogs can have any result except a draw. And Essendon don't get a massive percentage boost against the Lions. Without getting the calculator out, my estimate is that they would need to win by around 90, to sneak above us.
    Realistically if Freo beat Saints we'll be in the 8

Senior Player
    Sydney are now 5th favourite to win the flag at Sportsbet 11.00. Best of all Hawthorn are 13th at 101.00

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The opposition are getting worried about us ...
    They have taken the first and the second quarter. We have packed the backline but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, goals... goals from the flank. We cannot win. A shadow lurks on the park. We cannot win... they are coming.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'll make it simpler ... if we keep winning, we're in for sure.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final