Page 1 of 132 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals

Finals

So where do the naysayers/non-believers sit now?
    Still in a precarious position, but not far away from the 8.
    The next 5 games will tell the story. Win 4 and surely everyone will be back on board?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    The next 5 games will tell the story. Win 4 and surely everyone will be back on board?
    If we keep playing like the last two games finals are distinct possibility but drop off in any way and we won't make it after our terrible start.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

We won't lose another game and AJ will win the Norm Smith.....

Finals

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Now here's the thing...glass half full/empty.

If you just look a the last two games and the ladder you can easily be seduced into thinking glass half full.

If you look further and think about the draw and the task ahead...we'll half empty.

Consider:
    13 games remaining, win 10 then with reasonable percentage we should be ok.

Well let's examine the fixture what games could we lose,

- Richmond at MCG, haven't won there in some time, last match still haunts me.
    - Melbourne at MCG, have had real problems beating them at their home, look to be far stronger team than in the past as well.
    - GWS at Spotless, can't remember the last time we actually beat them anywhere except last year at SCG.
    - Geelong at Kardinia Park, based on their efforts against Western Bulldogs, that looks tough, but we did win there last year and we play well there.
    - Adelaide, at Adelaide Oval, hmmm... Betts and Walker are scary on their home deck.

Of the Home games: no certainties against Bulldogs, Essendon (on current form) or Dockers. Not to mention this week.

Do I think we can do it?

I do. Our best is as good as it gets. It's just that so much depends on injuries to key players as we've already observed this year.

FWIW, the bookies rate us less than a 50/50 chance to make the finals ($2.25). However, I think 50/50 is just about right. If we can stay fit and keep close to the current side on the park, I'd back us to win 10 of the next 13 games and finish 13-9. Even a 12-10 finish with decent percentage might be good enough.

I reckon the bookies have it about right. Really depends on us maintaining our form and what injuries we suffer. If we win the next two I reckon odds will tighten to just below $2. The Bulldogs is a big one although I really shouldn't be looking past the Hawks.

Book your flights its a lock

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I reckon the bookies have it about right. Really depends on us maintaining our form and what injuries we suffer. If we win the next two I reckon odds will tighten to just below $2. The Bulldogs is a big one although I really shouldn't be looking past the Hawks.
    I have little doubt we will make the finals, that 3rd quarter on Saturday was awesome. Richardson said that st Kilda butchered the ball . Yes they did because the way we intimidated them with the running and tackling. Their confidence was shot. Disappointed if it's not a 10 goal plus win on Friday night. Then the$2 odds will disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    This is the most unpredictable season I can ever remember, so you never know.

However, unlike the Bulldogs in 2016, who only once left Melbourne in the Finals, a 7th finish for us in 2017 would mean constant successful interstate travel to win the flag, ( except a semi final or preliminary final against the Giants). Very unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Veterans List
    A host of teams on five wins, given they all keep playing each other not all of them can stay ahead of us if we can beat them as well.

Is the strangest year I've ever seen, anything is possible. What I do know is that we should not fear anyone from now on, anywhere.

GWS are cooked too many injuries will start to bit soon

Most of their injured players are due back before finals.

Page 1 of 132 123451151101 ... LastLast