Page 53 of 132 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals

Regular in the Side
    No we don't

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    If we finish. 5th or 6th, we get a home final. if we win that, we get another home final do we not?
    No, if we finish 5th and win the first week we would play the loser of 1st v 4th away. If we finish 6th and win the first week we would play the loser of 2nd v 3rd away.

And if we win that semi final, it would result in an away prelim. And of course following that is the 'neutral' venue for the GF.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No, if we finish 5th and win the first week we would play the loser of 1st v 4th away. If we finish 6th and win the first week we would play the loser of 2nd v 3rd away.

And if we win that semi final, it would result in an away prelim. And of course following that is the 'neutral' venue for the GF.
    Apologies, yes, this is right. I was confused from the way the ladder predictor displays the match-ups. Seemed to goo d to be true!

Freo are useless, so likely finishing 6th.

Best hope is to meet GWS sometime before grand final. We would have crowd support wherever it's played. ANZ, spotless, SCG.

Opti-pessi-misti
    So Macca now on 297 games has 2 games all but guaranteed. We will HAVE TO win our first final to get him to his 300th. That would be so amazingly good.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Freo are pathetic ...... how could they beat Richmond ?
    They won't. Now 69 pts down, almost 3 quarter time.......make that 75 pts down. It's so bad Rance just got a goal!

Veterans List
    If games go as expected next week, Tigers beat Saints, we beat Carlton, Port should thrash GC, Adel will beat WCE, the only dicey one is Cats vs GWS at Kardinia Park.

Richmond highly likely to go to Adelaide and face the Crows/umpires. So many permutations, the only thing looking likely is that we'll finish 6th, probably Melbourne first up. What a round of footy, what a year!

Richmond could overtake giants and push GWS to 4th.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Freo are useless, so likely finishing 6th.

Best hope is to meet GWS sometime before grand final. We would have crowd support wherever it's played. ANZ, spotless, SCG.
    I'd rather not face the Giants at all. Now that they are getting most of their players back, I think they're the team to beat. If the Swans play at their best, I reckon they can account for the other teams in the finals (though against the Crows, with both teams playing their best, I'd have us as a 50/50 chance, especially at Adelaide Oval). But I am not sure even our best is good enough against the Giants if they play close to their best.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd rather not face the Giants at all. Now that they are getting most of their players back, I think they're the team to beat. If the Swans play at their best, I reckon they can account for the other teams in the finals (though against the Crows, with both teams playing their best, I'd have us as a 50/50 chance, especially at Adelaide Oval). But I am not sure even our best is good enough against the Giants if they play close to their best.
    Fair point Liz although I fear them less this year than last year funnily enough. Could handle playing them in a GF at the MCG this year. They don't seem to play as well there although there could be a little bit of wishful thinking there.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Assuming we don't make top 4, the teams I would like to play from most preferred to least preferred.

St Kilda
    West coast
    Melbourne
    Bulldogs
    Essendon

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Assuming we don't make top 4, the teams I would like to play from most preferred to least preferred.

St Kilda
    West coast
    Melbourne
    Bulldogs
    Essendon
    Agree with that. Very good chance it'll be Melbourne.