Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance Vs Hawthorn?

Attendance Vs Hawthorn?

Hi all

Anyone have an insight into what the attendance may be on Friday night?

I'm trying to gauge what time a group of five of us need to arrive to get decent seats in the Noble stand. (The less time spent drinking from plastic, the better)

Cheers
    BB

I'd be hoping for 35,000 minimum

I am not going as I do not particularly like the 7:50 start. I can take 7:20 but when it can take up to 2 hours to get home I find it a little late. Thursday's game start at 7:20, so why not Friday's game?

Senior Player
    I reckon there will only be about 30000 there. Lower crowds this year as the fickle supporters aren't turning up with lower ladder position and hawthorn ain't what they used to be either.

I think around low-mid 30s. Should be a beautiful night (not too cold or wet) and although our ladder position is lower we have been playing pretty well the last two weeks.

Where do you drink out of glass in the noble stand? I normally grab a beer or two and head back to my seat, but I'll be heading there straight after work so should have time for a relaxing drink or two before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I reckon there will only be about 30000 there. Lower crowds this year as the fickle supporters aren't turning up with lower ladder position and hawthorn ain't what they used to be either.
    Our crowds this season have been pretty good given our form. 30-35K is my guess.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Last year there were over 40000 to the same game right ?

I'm doing the three hour commute after work tomorrow ... so it will be 40,001!

I'd say about half or membership will turn up plus a few GA.

Well Ticketek says I can't buy a members guest ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post

Where do you drink out of glass in the noble stand?
    The drinking out of glass is in the pub - I'd rather drink decent beer at a reasonable price for as long as possible. Damn cunning of them to make the seating unreserved so you have to arrive one hour+ before first bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladey Blood View Post
    The drinking out of glass is in the pub - I'd rather drink decent beer at a reasonable price for as long as possible. Damn cunning of them to make the seating unreserved so you have to arrive one hour+ before first bounce.
    You got me all excited there for a second. I forgot my hip flask too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast