Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Newcastle

Veterans List
    Some impressive numbers from several players who we regard highly on here.

Waiting on this afternoons MRP to see if Talia gets called into the line up next week. Jones you would reckon is in strife too with the clenched fist given the AFLs strong stance last week.

Veteran Site Admin
    I agree Jones is in danger of missing but why would Talia loom as a possible replacement?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I can't see Talia coming in unless it's to replace Melican or Grundy if he is somehow suspended. He's a good solid player who is in reasonable form but I hardly think he's the difference between us winning or losing. It's not as if Melican or Grundy are letting their respective opponents off the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Grundy is an automatic selection for at least this year and next. Rampe the same. The rest should be picked on merit.
    Agree in regards to Grundy due to age, injury & the game speeding up n him getting slower. Will add leadership and education for the younger guys but he'll have a used buy date n it'll more than likely be the end of next year. Rampe has way way longer in the game n if form continues he'll be there for the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Some impressive numbers from several players who we regard highly on here.

Waiting on this afternoons MRP to see if Talia gets called into the line up next week. Jones you would reckon is in strife too with the clenched fist given the AFLs strong stance last week.
    Jones is gone. You can't just do exactly what the afl came out n said not to do n not have any ramifications. One week. To me it's not even clear if Grundy got Hodge in the head, take out acting n I can't see if he got him in the head from the camera angle I saw. Christ Hodge acted as if he'd been in a head on car crash. Good bloke Hodgey should get a week just for the acting lol

Both Jones and Grundy got fines so free to play.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I agree Jones is in danger of missing but why would Talia loom as a possible replacement?
    Was thinking that Reg might have been unluckily pinged by the MRP, that's where Talia came into my thinking.

Thought Talia might be a goner at end of season but seems to be playing good NEAFL footy now and being named best shows he may not be gone just yet. If he's only on moderate coin, I'm not against another year as insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Both Jones and Grundy got fines so free to play.
    Just saw it. Pretty surprised in regards to Jones

I think Shaun Edwards might be getting close to selection.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Agree in regards to Grundy due to age, injury & the game speeding up n him getting slower. Will add leadership and education for the younger guys but he'll have a used buy date n it'll more than likely be the end of next year. Rampe has way way longer in the game n if form continues he'll be there for the next five years.
    There's nothing wrong with Reg!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Reg!
    Not now but give it to the end of next season. Will retire as a legend of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Sinclair is miles ahead of cameron, and I believe our best combination is Sinclair/Tippett. Not saying sinclair is any good, and certainly needs to spend a few weeks of intensive finger crunches to get some ball gripping skills into his game.

The question perhaps better to ask, is should we only play one ruckman, and get Reid as 2nd ruck. Reid is doing sweet fa anyway, so might as well ruck. In that case Tippet/Reid could be the best combo. Leaves us very exposed if Tippet goes down during a game.

But when you look at our team, there is no obvious hole to file. Forwards, backs, midfield, ruck are all underperforming. Its a team that has lost the hunger. A team, I speculate, divided.
    Do you watch the reserves Barry? Cameron got 55 HO against Sydney Uni. He was on one of the biggest ruckmen in the NEAFL, Tagliabou. don't know what he got on the weekend but it seemed a lot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast