Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd.10 Sydney V Hawthorn. 19.50 pm. SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Commentators insist Grundy is a goner but to me (my stream was not hi-def) his half-hearted raised elbow just got his shoulder.

Good to see our blokes being physical lately. We'll need that next time we make the finals.
    No way should he go for that. Hodge raised his arm causing Regs arm to deflect upwards. It didn't touch his face. Hodge just milked it like all Scumthorn players do. I reckon they must spend an hour a week in acting classes as part of their training regime.

Yup, the Hawks were all over us , notwithstanding they couldn't control the pure brilliance of Buddy. Big loss without him.
    Any team with Mitchell, Burgoyne, Bruest , Hodge, Gunston etc ,if they turn up to play will still give you a good sight.
    To their credit , Swans got back in it .
    The one player I reckon would have made the difference is Alir .
    There was just very little creative rebound and he's got it . He can also take a mark .
    128 marks to 53 . Shikes , that's pretty crook.

Maybe Millsy really did intend to go for goal, but running hard the kick just didn't come off (because there was no one in clear space to kick to ).
    The bigger error was the kick across the Hawks goal to a danger zone , goal .
    Dunno who that culprit was .
    Don't do that, it's too generous a gift .

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    By the way the rule is written, it was probably the right call. But as I said earlier, the rule stinks and should be changed. Just like the way they are pushing rules in other parts of the game, all it will do in time is discourage players having the courage to go for the ball and take possession, and that will be bad for the game.

Ignoring how the rule is drafted at the moment, I just don't understand what they want a player in Tower's situation to do. Surely they want players going hard to win the footy, as he did.
    Towers had to make that play. It was either going to be play of the day or free kick.
    Can't complain about umpiring though when we clearly won free kick count.

Senior Player
    Things that went wrong (no blame):
    2 x 6 day breaks
    2 x concussion = 2 players down
    No protection from umpiring - sling tackles
    4 goal difference attributable to umps
    Hawks $7 the win ( I smell a number of rats)
    Several very lethargic players (Mills, Parker standouts for me). Chasing and tackle pressure poor.
    Not playing man on man from the start.
    Misplaced agression. Roughing up Hawthorn at the start was not what was needed. Backing up your team mates when under attack was ( Tippett was left to battle 2 Hawks for a long time without any help from his team mates).
    Exhausted players make mistakes. Easy to blame them but sometimes the body doesn't behave as one would normally expect.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Absolutely. And if you want proof of his coaching ability you only need to look at how how he gets out-coached every single time we play the Hawks. The 2014 GF being the best example.
    Don't forget 2012. He was the master that day.
    The premiership we stuffed up was last year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Maybe Millsy really did intend to go for goal, but running hard the kick just didn't come off (because there was no one in clear space to kick to ).
    The bigger error was the kick across the Hawks goal to a danger zone , goal .
    Dunno who that culprit was .
    Don't do that, it's too generous a gift .
    Mills was running hard but kicked off one step once he gathered the footy. Had plenty of time to take a few more steps, steady and drill.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought Towers slid in head first and his head made contact with his opponents legs, so I think head high contact cancels out contact below the knees and should have been play on.
    If Towers initiated the head high then no, it is a free to the opposition.

Mills did this and that plays behind etc
    Why are we waiting to turn him into a midfielder ????
    GWS dont wait they play them
    He is a top 3 pick
    He is BODY ready put him in and again play the x factor defender you have in the ressies

Regular in the Side
    Swans to have first player suspended under new code. Jones punch while on the ground in a scrum, not sure who he his.
    Talking of scrums is it time we drafted someone like Toumalolo ( not sure if spelt correctly) from Townville RL tam. The way OUR game is being played it more like RL everyday. Put the ball under the arm and try to crash the pack you will not give a free away , Gill the dill should have taken the RL ceo job .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Towers had to make that play. It was either going to be play of the day or free kick.
    Can't complain about umpiring though when we clearly won free kick count.
    I can.....we didn't get one 'contentious' goal for the entire game, Hawks got at least two. In a game decided by a goal, we were shafted yet again......and I'm amazed we won the free kick count, because it didn't appear that way. The umpires should hand their heads in shame.....and so should Mills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If Towers initiated the head high then no, it is a free to the opposition.
    Which is what is stupid about that rule, because 'initiating' the head high usually means you are courageously making the ball your object, the aim of the game....well, I thought it was anyway. Apparently courage isn't rewarded by the AFL/umpires these days......Stupid, stupid rule!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I can.....we didn't get one 'contentious' goal for the entire game, Hawks got at least two. In a game decided by a goal, we were shafted yet again......and I'm amazed we won the free kick count, because it didn't appear that way. The umpires should hand their heads in shame.....and so should Mills.
    I know it was only one moment in the game, but after watching a replay of the Burgoyne free kick in the last quarter, it was a shocking decision that gave them life. Not sure who umpire was.