Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Match Day Rnd.10 Sydney V Hawthorn. 19.50 pm. SCG.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Well, that's one way of looking at it - it clearly shows what a limp half-assed effort the players put in for the first qr. All those apologists for the team's effort (yep, looking at you Mug Punter) look on Port's work and weep.
    Hawks coming off 2 six day breaks(like us last week) look to have no energy and run. Not sure tactics have anything to do with it. Port are just outnumbering them like we do to teams when we are playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This proves what a great team we are. Hawthorn are so physically worn out from playing us last week, they can hardly move.
    If only

Great description on fox at half of the uncontested football that port are using with their switch and angled kicks starving the hawks and creating great possession and lower risk entries

For me it is another great example of the flexibility of game styles that teams like Port are executing this season

They are keeping the game on their terms via pressure, contested and uncontested football

I really hop we learn and evolve asap at the swans as the speed of the game and the adjustment to umpiring the game requires more then just being very good at contested football

As sad as this sounds the Port Vs Hawks game is compulsory viewing for me tonight. It is like a train wreck and I am enjoying it. Very bad of me.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This proves what a great team we are. Hawthorn are so physically worn out from playing us last week, they can hardly move.
    That's what I thought too! ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Hawks coming off 2 six day breaks(like us last week) look to have no energy and run. Not sure tactics have anything to do with it. Port are just outnumbering them like we do to teams when we are playing well.
    Not really - they are just doing to Hawthorn what all the other half-decent teams have done this year.

Hawthorn have been that poor all year - even average teams like Gold Coast and St Kilda thumped them. Exclude Brisbane and their other wins were against sides who embarrassed themselves on the day.

I don't think it's an issue of feeling 'entitled', as many have been arguing, to feel bitterly disappointed that we've lost games that it has been simply unacceptable to do so recently.

The injuries last week meant we couldn't hold on in the end, but even if we had, it would have glossed over how bad we were on the night and during the previous week in our planning.

Veterans List
    Hinkley is a great coach.....imagine what he could do with our list.

Port v Hawks shows everything that is wrong with Horse's coaching, the clocks ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Well, that's one way of looking at it - it clearly shows what a limp half-assed effort the players put in for the first qr. All those apologists for the team's effort (yep, looking at you Mug Punter) look on Port's work and weep.
    Oh grow up you big sook

Veterans List
    Watched the game and thought this is what I expected us to do to an undermanned Hawks last week.

Then I forced myself to re-watch the last half of our game against the Hawks. In the end we shouldn't have lost it after getting in front. But looking at the stats we were down 15-18 rotations for the game, losing Lloyd in the opening minute really did hurt us in team balance and extra TOG needed. To then lose Reid on half time just exacerbated it a whole lot more.

Yes I accept that we should not have allowed them free use of the footy but if we hadn't had game ending injuries so early in the game we would have won and attitudes on here would be a whole lot different.

We really have to stop the sharp swings in mood/attitude and take a more balanced view of what's happening this year.

Hawthorn scored 3 goals in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd qtr just after Reid was concussed. Just one of the many things that went wrong that night.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435