Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Longmire.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Interesting that there seems to be some sort of consensus amongst the commentators, that Chris Scott was out-coached last night, because he played Dangerfield forward in the first quarter. Hmmm.
    These moves are always genius...until they fail.

& against us wasn't the first time Danger went forward and kicked a few (he did it during the H&A season when he was injured). Eventually someone was gong to work out a way to curb his influence forward. The Crows had a week to work on a strategy after what he did to us.

Senior Player
    Like us last week, Geelong were on the back foot early and Crows were more intense. This intensity is the most important thing regardless of any game plan or structure. Coach can only do so much but will be judged on it.

Longmire is a good coach but needs to move away from contested is king and focus on more possession footy
    Might even help half of our team that limped I to finals

And yes he did do very well during the season after the start but he stunk it up when it mattered and that is merely the same as what Rohan is getting smashed for on the other thread

Biggest knock on Longmire is his penchant for dropping young guys who got us to the finals for "senior" players who did not. Might as well go all the way.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Biggest knock on Longmire is his penchant for dropping young guys who got us to the finals for "senior" players who did not. Might as well go all the way.
    Agree to an extent. Leaving out Melican was a big mistake.....Haywood not so sure. He was exposed in the last few pressure games of the season and while it could be argued he may have learned from those games, I can't blame Horse for erring on the side of caution on that one.....but I will add that finals are the best learning experience for the young players, it gives them the ultimate measuring stick on where they have to be, to be a great player.

I smell a compromise in the air. John should move into the role that Roosy filed in his last couple of years, still the Senior Coach but delegating game day to a new hopefully shrewd match day coach who can add polish to our game style. There will also be a role for crash and bash footy but we need to add some velvet as well. I don't think the current coaching panel can do it. Maybe not a complete clear out like Richmond but Dew and Blakey should be moved on (if they are great move them into a new role at the club). Get some strong personalities in that will push the standards higher and will back our young players and hopefully get some more out of our finals non-performers like Rohan.

To my mind its the finals non-performers have one more year unless a great trade is offered for them.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    I smell a compromise in the air. John should move into the role that Roosy filed in his last couple of years, still the Senior Coach but delegating game day to a new hopefully shrewd match day coach who can add polish to our game style. There will also be a role for crash and bash footy but we need to add some velvet as well. I don't think the current coaching panel can do it. Maybe not a complete clear out like Richmond but Dew and Blakey should be moved on (if they are great move them into a new role at the club). Get some strong personalities in that will push the standards higher and will back our young players and hopefully get some more out of our finals non-performers like Rohan.

To my mind its the finals non-performers have one more year unless a great trade is offered for them.
    I strongly agree with the need for velvet, as you call it. The precision kicking mastered by Hawthorn is spreading through the other clubs and we are not keeping up.

And we need a bit more attention to our midfield; they are not winning and presenting the ball as well as the clubs that finished above us. Makes a big difference to people like Rohan!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Really, just stop wasting your time wishing for his head on a pillow.
    He's here for years. I hope he gets another contract extension after the new one runs out.
    Why fix it if it's not broken?
    Horse doesn't pull on boots every weekend and play... he can only do so much.
    He pulled them up from 0-6 to make the finals. Defied the odds, indeed. Even better, made history.
    If the PLAYERS stuff it up (like they did against Geelong), the PLAYERS are to blame, not Horse.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goodsey gives Horse his vote of confidence: Former Swan heaps praise on Longmire.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Goodsey gives Horse his vote of confidence: Former Swan heaps praise on Longmire.
    God love him.
    There should be more Goodesy in the papers everyday.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Too right!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435