Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Longmire.

Longmire.

Time to go John. The players need a new message. We should never have lost that game.

Get real two key players out for most of game. Hard to cover that

Not time to go. But horse needs to reinvent himself to the team. He never appears to have a plan b or c if the main plan fails. Would love to see him take the rest of the yeah and try something different with the team. Why cant rohan be a defender, AA to the wing/fwd. Take the fact we wont play finals and start to look to 2018. Tty something please!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Not time to go. But horse needs to reinvent himself to the team. He never appears to have a plan b or c if the main plan fails. Would love to see him take the rest of the yeah and try something different with the team. Why cant rohan be a defender, AA to the wing/fwd. Take the fact we wont play finals and start to look to 2018. Tty something please!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I hate the idea of Rohan as a defender - mainly because he is too liable to make silly mistakes like dropping easy marks and the like, or taking the game on when its not there to take on, like the one that led to a goal tonight. It is costly when that happens down back, much more so then up forward.

As he showed with the goal he kicked, his best place imo is clearly somewhere around half forward. Maybe half back flank at a push, but he isn't a defender imo.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Clarkson has won 6 from the last 7 at the SCG. Tonight we got beaten by a Box Hill team playing pedestrian footy. Longmire has run out of ideas.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    With an good list available against a ravaged and ageing list and Longmire stuffed it up. The first quarter killed us before the injuries started to tell.

A psychotic, ranting lunatic in the box. Spents 2 hours yelling into his hand.

3.5 years to go.. Yippeee.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WauchopeAnalyst; 27th May 2017 at 12:16 AM.

I've been heavily criticised elsewhere for suggesting we may not be too far off needing a fresh start in the coaching box - its the lack of plan B that does me in. When things are going badly, we just don't seem to have any alternatives. In the past, we've had enough individual brilliance across the park to often spark us when we are playing poorly. Of course we have Buddy to do that now, but he can't do it every time, and even his brilliance tonight couldn't drag us over the line.

I still think our gameplan is fundamentally flawed for the way the game is headed though.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I don't get the Swans lack of manning up out of defence.
    It's rerun after rerun, the boring Hawthorn ( or whatever team) circular waltz with th Swans wandering around aimlessly.
    It's actually extremely boring as a spectator to witness let alone spend time and money doing it.
    It's a bloody terrible look. Is that how they are really really coached ??

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I hate the idea of Rohan as a defender - mainly because he is too liable to make silly mistakes like dropping easy marks and the like, or taking the game on when its not there to take on, like the one that led to a goal tonight. It is costly when that happens down back, much more so then up forward.

As he showed with the goal he kicked, his best place imo is clearly somewhere around half forward. Maybe half back flank at a push, but he isn't a defender imo.
    He was miles behind his man. Must have been thinking about beers after the game because he sure as heck wasn't watching where the footy was going. Maybe him going back was the only option with the 2 men off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    With an good list available against a ravaged and ageing list and Longmire stuffed it up. The first quarter killed us before the injuries started to tell.

A psychotic, ranting lunatic in the box. Spents 2 hours yelling into his hand.

3.5 years to go.. Yippeee.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Terry Wallace is available.

With the talent he's got on the list over the last 5 years, someone like Clarkson would have easily won 3 and possibly 4 premierships. Longmire has a lucky 1. Just ponder that thought. What we have let slip through our fingers because we got lucky in 2012.

He gets out coached very easily. The way to beat Sydney is to deny them possessions. Don't let them have a contested game. Works every time. GWS do it all the time Richmond do it to us consistently and this year Collingwood, Carlton, and now Hawthorn have done it and we can't stop it. Have a look at the uncontested possessions stats and the marks stats. We let them just own the football. You could see it happening tonight right from the start and the frustrating thing is there is never anything done by the players to address it. Why? Because like good foot soldiers they are playing to the team game plan as devised by Longmire. When there is no change to the game plan in these circumstances we lose.

With games to come against sides like rubbish sides like Richmond and Essendon the same thing that happened tonight will happen in those games. It's amazingly simple to beat us and what's astounding is Longmire has never had a plan to counter it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sorry.
    Did John Longmire play?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Nonsense.

First, Horse has one of the best records in the league, as well as a flag (to say nothing of two minor premierships and two runners ups) and that's no fluke. If that's not enough he has twice been voted coach of the year by his peers. I think people calling for his head are mollycoddled and don't realise how good we have it - nothing less than continual flags seems to be good enough. A coach can't win the flag by himself/herself. And there are some other teams out there trying to win too. We have no divine right to win all the time and we punch way above average. We have never finished out of finals since Horse has been coaching. That's a record second only to Clarkson in the same period (I haven't checked but I don't think I need to). It's not like our list is that much better than all the rest. And to the extent they are, that's also because of our coaching and development - they certainly weren't all high picks (including our engine room of JPK, Hanners & Parker).

Second, Horse is not coaching alone. Even though he takes ultimate responsibility there are a handful of other coaches there who between them I'm sure can come up with Plans B, C and D. I was sitting in the Ladies Stand tonight and it was quite conspicuous how many coaches walked out at quarter time: Stuey Dew, Josh Francou, then Horse and Blakey, then Taubo, then Kirky. It's not like Horse is Robinson Crusoe. I suspect that perhaps our essential brand/gamestyle remains the same and the differences between Plans B, C and D are not screamingly obvious enough to be noticed by most posters or we just ignore them.

Third, nobody was complaining last week and it was the same game plan that stood up then.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast