Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 8 - June 3-4

I put it out their why St George don't attract a crowd other then the ratbags that gather on the hill.

P/Hills - Club works hard off the field. Only problem is with the ground they play at for public viewing.
    SU - No 1 very good to view. to small. always has a crowd but not sure about canteen.
    Henson - Very good for footy - used by all - canteen SU needs help.
    ECE - Kanbridge - Ground is the standout best - Game day you see all their volunteers at work - Canteen/BBQ the best
    UNSWES - No home so doing there best - need help in volunteers dept
    Manly - Weldon - work in progress - little fence put up ? - viewing not so good so sit the grandstand and listen to the abuse at opposition
    West - Picken - work in progress - with fence looks better but not sure about the interchange up the hill with supporters.
    UTS - Waverley - good (not been their for years) always at - Trumper - small ground good to view - need help on canteen/BBQ
    NS - Gore Hill - should not be playing on it till fixed - Canteen well run with plenty of help
    St G - Not good to view if sitting at the sun. new fence better. ground better. New awning (what the good is it, still in sun and if it rains you would get wet - a waist of public money)

Plenty of clubs need to lift their game of the field to bring this competition up to a better standard.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Don't know if it is an agreement between the clubs or something that's been ratified by HQ, but if we play Saints in the GF (and there's a long way to go before we can even think about that) then he sits up in the stands. A deal is a deal!
    yea long way away but this could be an issue September, unless clubmans views come through

Is Austin going to be playing prems all year? I assumed he was working his way back into neafl. Their neafl side must be pretty good if he cant get a start.

Just on clubmans obsession with the hill. It has been cleaned up this year. A code of conduct was written over the off season and no one sits there any more. All players basically just sit on the new terrace with the fantastic roof that keeps the sun out of your eyes.

The only two exceptions were in div 1 v power when i had a few cans so went over the other side of the field and a bit of banter ensued with their coach. And then it was brought back last week for the gf rematch but def wasnt as bad as previous years.

Only reason i started heckling opposition was when travelling to weldon or picken about 4 or 5 years ago seeing their fans getting into our players and how it affected them. These days its fairly standard across the league but it still does make good players go to @@@@. That ff for blacktown with the head gear is a gun, in the finals last year he was dropping chest marks and I think only kicked 1 after kicking 8 on the same bloke a week before the finals.

Long story short its definately been something the club was keen to address and has basically stopped this year. There is a place for heckling but we (and mainly me) have taken it too far in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    St George � not to make the 5

Why - They will fold under pressure, No structure, Wrong type of culture
    The Coach (Mini Bus) - I was out there on his address at the breaks and what was he going on about?
    The dribble he was saying to the team. Look at me Look at me - loves the spot light on him.

I read it was about their inaccurate kicking - No it was (Under pressure)

They played the GF last year and the same thing this year. Team is doing their own thing and the same things. Did no changes to stop a structured team. Had (No structure)

Not many Mums or girls at their game supporting them.(Why) Supporters are to over the top and with full on abuse at opposition players - Club (Culture)

As to their other grades - who cares - You only remember winning GF in 1st Grade
    If Bombers have such a good culture why do they have to pay players to play for them? Surely the best test of a club's culture is players wanting to be at the club without being paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone take the "club" off that bloke before he hurts himself! ... or is that you Mudgy? ... trying a bit of reverse psychology? ... clever!

I am pretty confident he will be in the NEAFL at the pointy end of the season. Was BOG last week - still, hard to drop blokes from a team that go up to NT and win by ten goals.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Is Austin going to be playing prems all year? I assumed he was working his way back into neafl. Their neafl side must be pretty good if he cant get a start.

Someone at training last night mentioned that it was actually "UNSW KIA womens day". Was it really?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Just on clubmans obsession with the hill. It has been cleaned up this year. A code of conduct was written over the off season and no one sits there any more. All players basically just sit on the new terrace with the fantastic roof that keeps the sun out of your eyes.
    I personally never had a problem with the boys on the hill at St.George and TBH have hardly ever taken much notice of them in the past. I don't know a single player that has ever been bothered by them enough to put a complaint in either formally or informally.

My view on club "Hills" is that it adds to the atmosphere and some of it is actually quite funny at times. Wests have a good Hill, ECE had a good "Nest", Manly have some passionate supporters and even Sydney Uni have a few educated hecklers. North Shore 7-10 years ago were very passionate on the balcony as you walked into the change rooms however have dropped off over the last few years.

Footy in Sydney would be reasonably boring without these supporters / lower div players being able to heckle. As long as they don't step over the line (racial vilification etc) then it's a non issue IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234