Thread: sydney swans web site front page

Regular in the Side

sydney swans web site front page

Last week on the swans front web page on the right hand side was a picture of Cyril. this week its a picture of a smiling bont. I don't know about any body else but I don't want to see pictures of other teams players on the front page of our teams web site. I know it relates to the next home game we play but I still don't like it. I looked at EVERY other teams home page and NONE of them have players from other teams on it. Only the colours and pictures of there own team. Or to put it another way I DON"T WANT TO SEE #$$%$%^ OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS ON OUR TEAMS SITE ESPECIALLY
    TEAMS THAT BEAT US IN THE LAST TWO GRAND FINALS WE PLAYED IN WITH BIG SMILES ON THEIR #$%%^^^&ing FACES.
    Does any body agree with me.

Senior Player
    While I'm not as upset about it as you appear to be, I guess it is a little on the nose. I can't stand the Dogs after last year.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's an interesting observation. I just went to look at some of the other club websites to see if they do the same. I didn't look at them all - just about half but chosen pretty randomly - but didn't find a single other site with a similar image of an opposition player.

Maybe worth an email to the club suggesting you (and I'm with you) would love the site to be more parochial.

I'm also with you Bexi (but wouldn't express it as you have done. )

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I'm also with you Bexi (but wouldn't express it as you have done. )
    Maybe i was just a bit too much pis#d off when I posted but it does bother me.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Maybe i was just a bit too much pis#d off when I posted but it does bother me.
    Bothers me too.......

Veterans List
    I always use the swans app and luckily there aren't photos of opposition players ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I've always assumed that all club websites were registered and controlled by the AFL. If you look at each of the club websites they are fairly similar in layout and advertising. The only difference is the content which the clubs are in control of.

I would think that the Advertising on the sidebars is out of our (the clubs) control.