Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy in 'Lamb' add

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Pretty sure I just saw Buddy (and Cathy Freeman) in an ad for Aussie Lamb.
    Along the lines of "Who was here first?". The answer from Bud and Cathy were "We were".

I don't remember seeing any other Swans player in ads that were not football related, but maybe my memory is not as good as others on this forum.
    Bud is in clothing ads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes - given the boxing she does (she posts some seriously tough sessions with a personal trainer on her Instagram account) she doesn't need to worry about her weight. But I reckon it would be fine Swiss or Belgian chocolate, not Cadbury's!
    Nah! It would definitely be Haighs (of Adelaide). voted the best chocolate in the world 5 times. Either that or the chocolate shop on Darling St Rozelle, Belle Freur. great chocolate but bloody expensive. you need a suitcase full of cash just for a block.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Bud is in clothing ads too.
    Yes, for menswear brand Politix.

[QUOTE=YvonneH;726900]Pretty sure I just saw Buddy (and Cathy Freeman) in an ad for Aussie Lamb.
    Along the lines of "Who was here first?". The answer from Bud and Cathy were "We were".QUOTE]

The timing of this add was interesting. Indigenous Round. Pretty sure there was a subtle 'flavour' hinted at here, as in 'we were the first"(Australians) I like it.

I don't remember seeing any other Swans player in ads that were not football related, but maybe my memory is not as good as others on this forum.
    � Paul Kelly (with Libba Snr) - Tetley's(?) tea
    � Tom Hafey - Tetley's tea - (I think)
    � Tom Hafey - Jeep
    � Bob Skilton - 4'n'20 pies
    � Plugger - Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
    � Leo Barry - Toyota Legendary moments reenactment of that mark
    � Plugger - Toyota Legendary moments reenactment of that point
    � Dermie (long bow as it's a Hawks moment) - Toyota Legendary moments
    � Warwick Capper - Quickbeds.com
    Last edited by goswannies; 4th June 2017 at 08:11 PM.

Tom Derickx - David Jones (and many many others)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Tom Derickx - David Jones (and many many others)

I think the thread is referring to TV ads, otherwise there would be heaps

Veterans List
    Pretty sure I just saw Buddy (and Cathy Freeman) in an ad for Aussie Lamb.
    Along the lines of "Who was here first?". The answer from Bud and Cathy were "We were".

The timing of this add was interesting. Indigenous Round. Pretty sure there was a subtle 'flavour' hinted at here, as in 'we were the first"(Australians) I like it.
    I liked that part too, I thought it was a clever humourous ad. To think some people thought it 'racist' was quite galling......it represents a multi cultural coming together that acknowledges the first people and everyone is happy and getting along. Nice and as it should be, even though factually it was an invasion to begin with, but hey, we're all part of it now and hopefully working towards everyone being 'happy and getting along'.
    Last edited by liz; 5th June 2017 at 08:13 AM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

I liked that part too, I thought it was a clever humourous ad. To think some people thought it 'racist' was quite galling......it represents a multi cultural coming together that acknowledges the first people and everyone is happy and getting along. Nice and as it should be, even though factually it was an invasion to begin with, but hey, we're all part of it now and hopefully working towards everyone being 'happy and getting along'.
    I haven't seen anything relating to some people thinking it was 'racist', where did you see that?
    Last edited by liz; 5th June 2017 at 08:13 AM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Buddy in 'Lamb' add

Hanners on the Gatorade bottle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    LOL. Factually? Did Captain Cook murder any Aboriginals? No.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    LOL. Factually? Did Captain Cook murder any Aboriginals? No.
    Captain Cook didn't try to settle the country

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast