Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 12 v Bulldogs

How the @@@@ are the Swans favourites for this game????

Swans $1.81 Dogs $2.00

What more do we have to do to prove incompetence? I have absolute faith, but why do the bookmakers?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

On the footballing front, we've all had a big breath - and after some deep meditation, now is the time for change:

1. One ruck - but not how you like it. Tippett to take charge and the maligned Allir to take over 2nd ruck while Reid "swings" to the back from forward. I was a fan of giving Cameron a go, but times change. Tippett, Franklin and Reid is enough.
    2. McVeigh to play forward. Lots of reason's why, but trust me, it's for the best. Great organiser and forward half pressure is what it's all about. Will take pressure off Buddy. He's kicked six goals in a game....and five twice!
    3. Tagger's are back in vogue....there's a reason why with the reduced rotations taking affect on game play. Who is is Swan's best tagger? K.Jack - good physical tackler who will drive influence in the midfield.
    4. G.Rohan to play solely as FF. He is judged by the coaching staff on defensive efforts, and it is a waste to see a thoroughbred treated as a draft horse doped up on amphetamines. Those who remember the quarter that b*stard Thomas broke his leg will understand. He was about to rip the league apart...but here we are.
    5. Blooded a lot of players, but experience wins games, so stop having injuries. If we need to debut another player this year - we can start talking about 2018... if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 7th June 2017 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Apparently bastard isn't in the swear filter.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    On the footballing front, we've all had a big breath - and after some deep meditation, now is the time for change:

1. One ruck - but not how you like it. Tippett to take charge and the maligned Allir to take over 2nd ruck while Reid "swings" to the back from forward. I was a fan of giving Cameron a go, but times change. Tippett, Franklin and Reid is enough.
    2. McVeigh to play forward. Lots of reason's why, but trust me, it's for the best. Great organiser and forward half pressure is what it's all about. Will take pressure off Buddy. He's kicked six goals in a game....and five twice!
    3. Tagger's are back in vogue....there's a reason why with the reduced rotations taking affect on game play. Who is is Swan's best tagger? K.Jack - good physical tackler who will drive influence in the midfield.
    4. G.Rohan to play solely as FF. He is judged by the coaching staff on defensive efforts, and it is a waste to see a thoroughbred treated as a draft horse doped up on amphetamines. Those who remember the quarter that b*stard Thomas broke his leg will understand. He was about to rip the league apart...but here we are.
    5. Blooded a lot of players, but experience wins games, so stop having injuries. If we need to debut another player this year - we can start talking about 2018... if you haven't already.
    Are you back on the gunja? 'Little Ticker' Tippett as sole ruck! By the third quarter he would simply go to ground until the game was over.

Veteran Site Admin
    Looks like we're set for a wet game. It's been beautiful in Sydney for the past month or so but the rain arrived yesterday and is back with a vengeance today. Right now it's bucketing down as hard as I've ever seen it rain in Sydney. Forecast indicates the wet will continue for a few days yet. This may (or may not) affect the number of big men selected.

I don't think Florent is quite ready for senior footy yet but he was excellent in a wet NEAFL game a few weeks back and he's had a rest over the bye, so I'd keep him in the team for now.

As for the players returning from injury, now that the team has a critical mass of experienced players in the team, I'd like to see them all come back via the NEAFL. Jack and McVeigh need to prove that their bodies are ready for the rigours of a full game (even at a lower level), and Naismith's season has also been very stop-start. Injuries happen during games but I'm not in favour of bringing players in where there's knowledge ahead of time that they may not last the game.

Veterans List
    Memories of a very wet game at the SCG a couple of years back (early 2015?) where the Dogs beat us in a shock result. Don't want this weather but if that's what we're getting then make selections to suit.

I too Liz noted the huge rap Florent got in a wet NEAFL game a few weeks back, Nick Davis said he played like he had a dry ball so maybe he stays after a weeks rest.

Selection, selection, selection, get it right and play wet weather footy, just keep forcing it forward guys, no dinky stuff which comes unstuck in the wet.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Rohan's leg was broken in the second minute of that game (granted he already had a goal to his name)

I'm sick of having two ruckmen do stuff all so let's make it one ruckman. Aliir and/or Reid to help out.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Warming the Bench
    Tippett is playing as a forward not a ruckman. The issue is not playing 2 ruckmen its playing an out of form key forward

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

I'd be happy if they named mongrel and ruthless. We always win when they play.
    I'm not confident.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Looks like we're set for a wet game. It's been beautiful in Sydney for the past month or so but the rain arrived yesterday and is back with a vengeance today. Right now it's bucketing down as hard as I've ever seen it rain in Sydney. Forecast indicates the wet will continue for a few days yet. This may (or may not) affect the number of big men selected.

I don't think Florent is quite ready for senior footy yet but he was excellent in a wet NEAFL game a few weeks back and he's had a rest over the bye, so I'd keep him in the team for now.

As for the players returning from injury, now that the team has a critical mass of experienced players in the team, I'd like to see them all come back via the NEAFL. Jack and McVeigh need to prove that their bodies are ready for the rigours of a full game (even at a lower level), and Naismith's season has also been very stop-start. Injuries happen during games but I'm not in favour of bringing players in where there's knowledge ahead of time that they may not last the game.
    Agree Liz, I would have to say that if we brought them back without a run in the reserves we are 100% committed to winning the game. They are not match fit, their fitness is unproven and the Chuckers never play half fit players so will have an advantage at the outset.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I'd give Tippett one more. He'd have to be aware of all the negative press and hopefully he'll respond in a positive manner. A bad game from him this week and he becomes my NO.1 whipping boy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast