Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes for Round 12 v Bulldogs

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Is this the midfielder that plays across the back on the contest? Jake "Tom Brady" Lloyd?
    No a quarterback is in American "football ". Absolutely no relevance to any position in an Australian rules team

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure about bucketing for two to three days. I live about 5km away and it's been lovely up until Tuesday evening, where there was a shower or two. It did bucket down - and I mean, really bucket down, most of yesterday. But today's been not too bad. A few showers earlier but the sky is predominantly blue at the moment. Looks like there might be a bit of weather to the west (which is the vague direction of the SCG from me) but the ground should be in reasonable condition if the weather holds. There's also a reasonable breeze at the moment, which will help dry out the ground.
    That soon changed. I'm in tonight. Not going to the game. I have kennel cough and need warmth. HAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    No a quarterback is in American "football ". Absolutely no relevance to any position in an Australian rules team
    Agree. Bloody American terminology. Wish they would stop equating our game to that dreadful so called American Football. The only game that is supposed to go for 60 minutes and yet lasts 240 minutes due to interruptions.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    The other thing is you don't teach a bloke defence by playing him forward.
    Wrong again Wolfie. By playing him forward he sees how the good defenders position themselves, when to peel off etc etc. It is the same logic that Roosy used when he had his future on-ballers tag the stars

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Agree. Bloody American terminology. Wish they would stop equating our game to that dreadful so called American Football. The only game that is supposed to go for 60 minutes and yet lasts 240 minutes due to interruptions.
    On the contrary it's a good descriptor of a playmaker who can sit behind the play, is smart enough to analyse what's going on around him and is good enough to help lead his team through the opposition defence. It's an analogy that can hold true for AFL, league, union, soccer (football) and I'd guess other sports like hockey, water polo, ultimate Frisbee etc etc.

Instead of ranting anti Americanisms we should see it as it is - a term from a different sport that is somewhat useful to some people to describe an aspect of play.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Why the @@@@ are the Swans the favourites? Where is the logic there? I am flabbergasted. Even if the Swans put together some good footy, the umpires will ensure we won't get the 4 points.

So, we've lost already? I actually think we will win tonight.....I think our boys are sick of being beaten by what is actually an inferior team that needs umpire support.

I've got a cold and took the day off work but I'm still going to the game with me mate. Can't let him down. I hope the team makes it worth my while. The last three matches I've been to were losses. The last decent win I attended was when we flogged the Tigers late last year - that was fun!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    [/B]
    I actually think we will win tonight.....I think our boys are sick of being beaten by what is actually an inferior team that needs umpire support.
    Thank you and goodnight........

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    The selectors undid their good work on the outs with the ins.

Tippet needs some time in the twos and to be sent a message, Ollie is always going to be in and out this season with his young body.

Why are Naismith and Jack automatic ins? Jack was deplorable when underdone earlier in the season is bought in again underdone. He should have returned through the NEAFL. Naismith has barely got a run at it this season and will also be underdone. Again he should have a run in the NEAFL, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up injured again.

On a separate note, why do we need the 2nd ruckman anyway? Its clearly not working for us but we are too stubborn to change. Why not bring Allir in as a more mobile 2nd ruck? Or bring in another runner and run with Reid/Towers as pinch hitters. The season is gone and the selectors are too timid to change up the standard formula
    Oh well I was definitely wrong on Naismith, he performed well and towelled up the rookie ruck, worked well with Sinclair

Jack didn't play any better than earlier in the year and should've been playing NEAFL this weekend, obviously didn't cost us though

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567