Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 12 Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Hanners was my BOG - just set the standard for intensity and urgency all night, two factors that have been sorely missing in our worst performances this year. Noticed he only had 4 tackles but that doesn't take into account the harassing and chasing that so often ends up in a turnover. Still such an important player for us - and it was clearly the best game that the three midfield masters - JPK, Dan and Parker - have played as a group this year. We'll need more of this if we are to win more than we lose for the rest of the year.
    It was great to see Hanners looking positive for this game. You could see it from the first bounce. Suddenly he was right! I suppose we wiill never know what helped turn things around; the break, overcoming injury, whatever, but I like it!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Yes people with kids find these games difficult. I find the weather difficult. I have never loved the winter, in fact I loathe it, but would get to any game. But last year I came down with a pretty bad cold after one of our rainy, freezing night games. Last week I had Kennel Cough and decided I wasn't going out in the cold. The trouble with winter is I am prone to chest infections so I probably won't go to wet, cold & windy night games. If the weather is decent I will. There comes a time when health comes first.
    That really is a bummer about winter given it coincides with footy season every damn year!
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 13th June 2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes people with kids find these games difficult. I find the weather difficult. I have never loved the winter, in fact I loathe it, but would get to any game. But last year I came down with a pretty bad cold after one of our rainy, freezing night games. Last week I had Kennel Cough and decided I wasn't going out in the cold. The trouble with winter is I am prone to chest infections so I probably won't go to wet, cold & windy night games. If the weather is decent I will. There comes a time when health comes first.
    Wolfy, you'd be better off moving to Melbourne and supporting Bombers, Saints and/or Bulldogs under the closed roof!

And how did the last two messages pick up Wolfy and end up with KTigers?!
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 13th June 2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Hayward took a lovely contested overhead mark against the dogs - I don't know that he's shown that before in the AFL, but apparently his marking was noted when he was drafted. I agree that he's going to be a star for us - have loved him since nearly his first game. Where is his rising star nom? Surely must be about due.

Could Towers be our biggest "whipping boy come good" since McVeigh? He's not about to win the Brownlow but I think most people who want him on our list, which is a big improvement from where he was previously.
    Thinking back I am pretty sure that Jake Lloyd has copped a fair whipping from various forum ferals over the years since we drafted him . I seem to remember even last year he was under the microscope by a few RWOers
    Fair to say he would be one of the first picked each week this year.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    ... And how did the last two messages pick up Wolfy and end up with KTigers?!
    Quote tags were a little messed up, but fixed now.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Wolfy, you'd be better off moving to Melbourne and supporting Bombers, Saints and/or Bulldogs under the closed roof!
    Outrageous! Sacrilege! And completely unnecessary. I know the forecast weather wasn't that great but last Thursday night's match turned out nearly balmy. There were not a few people in the crowd, male and female, wearing singlets! (Not me, I had a cold but I didn't rug up that much either.) Don't be deceived wolftone! An open ground in Sydney is still way better than a miserable Etihad in Melbourne. The last two weekends I've been swimming in the ocean. Last weekend I was in there for an hour at a time without any need for a wetsuit. Yesterday (and today) the weather's sublime. Sublime!

To say nothing that you obviously don't want to be supporting the fairypuppies et. al.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Hanners was my BOG - just set the standard for intensity and urgency all night, two factors that have been sorely missing in our worst performances this year. Noticed he only had 4 tackles but that doesn't take into account the harassing and chasing that so often ends up in a turnover. Still such an important player for us - and it was clearly the best game that the three midfield masters - JPK, Dan and Parker - have played as a group this year. We'll need more of this if we are to win more than we lose for the rest of the year.
    Notice Dan didn't get a vote from the coaches! Ouch!

Not for the first time, KB made an arse of himself here: KB's Take | Dogs to bury the Swans' season tonight.

Stats are ok for fantasy league but obvious do not give a true picture. I saw from the coaches points Jake Lloyd did not make the top 7 players in the Swans team last week. With 31 disposals at efficiency of 81%, only 2 clangers, 1 goal and top of fantasy pts for the team (122) it did not count in the coaches eyes. Fair enough, I suppose it shows that fantasy league points are great for judging players in fantasy league but not so good in real "life".

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617